2015 Incomer - CB Holton Hill

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Godz40acres, May 21, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

Holton Hill shows tremendous anticipation, closing speed and tackling ability. He is ready to make an impact...

”I am ready to make an impact on 'DBU' and help my team to a winning season,” Hill said. “Last couple of months I’ve been focused on track and now that’s over all my attention is focused on football.”

What can the Texas fans expect from Holton Hill over the next couple of years?

”They can expect a smart, hard working, competitive and physical player that will take care of business,” Hill said.

Much like teammate and top 2014 recruit John Bonney, Hill is a versatile defensive back, who could actually end up playing safety or corner on the next level. He has terrific size and a frame that looks like he will be much bigger by the time he leaves high school. He is not afraid to come up and lay the wood and flies to the football making sound tackles and making his presence known.

[Full article here]

At 6-foot-2, 184 pounds, Hill is a prototypical new-age defensive back. To go along with his elite size, Hill runs a sub-4.6 40-yard dash time. This allows him reroute wide receivers at the line of scrimmage while also blanketing them in the open field.

And when the ball is in the air, Hill – a state qualifier in the long jump – is not often beat.

“It’s a very good position to be in,” Hill said. “Because I see a lot of these DBs getting drafted, and I’m bigger than them already. I feel like it’s a very good position for me because I’m so lengthy.”

When he arrives in early June, Hill will walk into a situation in which immediate playing time is a real possibility. With projected starter Sheroid Evans out with a knee injury, senior Duke Thomas is the only lock to play at corner. Hill will compete with junior Bryson Echols, sophomore Antwuan Davis and freshman Davante Davis for the other starting spot.

Hill said the coaching staff has told him he would have a chance to play right away throughout the recruiting process, and he’s eager for the opportunity. In fact, when asked if he expects to play immediately Hill responded simply: “No doubt.”

“I’m going to put in that work,” Hill said. “I love to compete, and I’m going to do what I have to do to come out with a win.”

[Full article here]

• Like Like x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I think this kid has a real good chance of starting Sept. 5th.

Big, quick, fast, makes good decisions and has a good nose for the ball.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Holy ****. If this guy doesn't start Sept 5th, at the very least he is making an immediate impact at Special Teams (where we need all the help we can get).
    The sky is the limit from there.

4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Me Likey!! :bounce2:

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

This guy has got "IT". :hookem: Look here Hornfans brothers and sisters, IT has arrived with this group as a whole! Been a long time coming.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 22, 2015