Final Plans for HornFans Spring Game Meet Up

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

If you want to meet some of your fellow HF posters and sit together:

Where: Meet at Horse & Rider statue in front of Ex Students Center (West Side between gates 5 & 6)
    When: Between Noon - 12:30
    Depart for Stadium: 12:30
    Kickoff: 1 PM
    Seat Location: West Side Stands (TBD)

[​IMG]

meetup.jpg

If you get there late or are doing other pre-game activities but want to sit with us, check this thread at approx. 1 PM Saturday for what section and row we are sitting in. See this TexasSports.com page for details on the game, events, parking, etc.

We hope you will join us!

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Sweet! Pretty sure I'll be there.......unless it looks like rain.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We're going to bring umbrellas and just hope for the best. Sure would be nice to have good weather.

4. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Have seats yet?

5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Check the game thread.

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Thanks for organizing this! It was very fun and great to finally put faces with screen names.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We enjoyed it a lot. I hope we can get a few more Horn fans to join up with us next time.

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

A good time was had by all. Weather was very pleasant, spring Horn football, friends and Scholtz's after the game for a bite and brews. We had a great group sit together at the game today. It was good meeting all of you and I look forward to more meet ups during games in the future!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Sorry I missed out, maybe next time. How many HFers showed?

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Seven — My wife and I, WorsterMan, Vol Horn 4 Life, BevoBeef, baoklhorn and uisge beatha. It was great to meet these guys and visit for a while. Wish you coulda joined us. How was Pop's birthday celebration?

@WorsterMan Did G make it back to Tulsa OK? I did not envy that drive last night. Whew.

11. LonghornCatholic

Thats good, glad you'll got to hang out and bond.

My Dad, thanks for asking, is physically good, considering his age. Or as he put it when I asked if he needed help climbing into bed, "No, I'm baaad!" as he boastfully hopped in unassisted. Mentally he suffers from Lewy body dementia. He holds conversations with people who aren't there, walks out side door of house with mail in hand and says he'll be right back, going to his home town (which he hasn't been to in 25 years). He lives with my oldest brother and wife, who is recently retired, and they have a lovely and secure home, so they let him walk and sit outside until he returns from his "trip". He also will ask the same questions over and over, but we just patiently answer. Occasionally he will ask why Mom did come to visit today. She passed away 5 years ago.

But his Lewy body isn't severe at this point; he still loves to read and watch his westerns on t.v., blow on his harmonica, and still strum his acoustic now and then, so we're pleased that's he's safe and comfy. He sang and easily blew out his birthday candle, and enjoyed the company. Catholic family so I'll leave to your imagination the number of family members there. :smile1:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Nice update @LonghornCatholic. Your dad is fortunate to have such a great family.

My dad passed 10 years ago, he would be 85 now. I wish he were around.

13. LonghornCatholic

I hear ya, Amigo. :hookem:

14. WorsterMan

Yeah, G made it back to Tulsa - around 1 AM per his text. I drove from Austin to Dallas which I was happy to do and he got a break. I wanted him to stay over and drive out early Sunday morning but he decided to go on. We hit huge storms as we got back just south of Dallas.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Wish I could have made it. Had to work all weekend. Any chance of doing this before home games this fall?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

That would be cool. I don't get to make it to many games but I'm sure others would want to. I definitely will whenever I can be there.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

I would love if there were meet ups before home games! I was sorry to miss the spring game. :(

• Like Like x 3
  18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Except for the Tech game and maybe Rice, I'll have 2 extra tix for the home games. I'm in the west UD about half way up between 45-50 yd lines.

19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. WorsterMan

[​IMG]

21. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

I still have a little confidence that Augie might turn things around. If he does, odds are that UT will play A&M in College Station in the night game on May 29. We would be the #4 seed vs the Aggies being the #1. That regional looks to be the weekend after Memorial Day.

There is also the Big 12 BB Conference Championship during the weekend just before Memorial Day. That is going to be in Tulsa this year. TG [OkieHorn], will you be going to that series at all?

Just throwing things out there........

22. LonghornCatholic

We should all roll up to a rowing or quidditch event someday :hookem:

23. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I wish I could have been there. It reminds me of the first HF meet-up I went to. Back when HF was in its infancy, a group of us got together at the Dog and Duck to drink and kind of watch the women's World Cup finals (it was on TV). Orangeblood, LonghornGirlie, Sangra Naranjada, Bracy, and I tossed back a few pitchers of Guinness and played some darts.

• Like Like x 1