Hope you don't have dish tv

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LAGA4, Oct 10, 2015.

1. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

Looks like dish has pulled the plug on abc. No Texas OU.

I turned on wfaa a while ago and the dish spokesman was saying how sorry they were.

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Uh, Dish is going to get some grief about that. Maybe they wanted to spare their Longhorn viewers from the mayhem that will take place during that game....

3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Any other way to get ABC? Hulu or something?

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Uh, antenna?

5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Has to be HD antenna. Don't have one.

6. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

No difference in HD antenna than old style. I am using one 30+ years old.

7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Ok. I don't have any antenna.

8. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Looks like I can get it on WatchESPN.

9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

For $4/month I think you can sign up for Sling TV by downloading the app. It's a new service, available since February. You should have access in the U.S. Unfortunately, right now I'm in Mexico so that doesn't help me. I am hoping to link to my home computer and watch through Splashtop.

10. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

11. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Holy f***!!!!!! At a horse show and set up my dish tv and found out!!!!!

Luthor, keep getting unbelievabe pop ups with that site.

13. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

I have Dish and I have abc. I watched the game, no problem.

14. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

The issue was between Dish Network and Tegna (formerly Gannett Broadcasting), which owns 46 local network affiliates (NBC, ABC, and CBS). Here in the Houston market, the CBS affiliate, KHOU 11, was blacked out.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/dish-network-tegna-blackout-46-stations-retransmission-1201615550/

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/dish-tv-station-blackout-tegna-1201615294/

15. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I had to listen to the game on the radio. Not as good as watching live but thank goodness for LHN.

16. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Dukesteer,

get ya a VPN .... not expensive. I've used HMA all over the world to watch ESPN ... well, except for the TCU game ... was in Santiago ... watching LHN on "WatchESPN" ... at game time, suddenly it stopped streaming. Netflix worked ... the WatchESPN worked, except for the streaming.

So ... it's not a silver bullet.

I am an affected DISH guy ... on the fringe of WFAA's broadcast range. I was not happy. Hopefully I can find the full game to download/watch.

Sick of subscription TV which doesn't deliver anything but more commercials. This is happening more/more. Saturday, it was DISH ... next month, Direct will be clamoring about Fox Sports ... the Time Warner about NBC ... rinse/repeat.

"oh, programming can change at anytime, sir" ... so the only thing the contract does is force payment for a product not delivered. I learned it'd cost me $220 to cancel ... as opposed to $850 to complete the contract.

Funny, it's never "Oxygen" which gets pulled.