House Select Committee Report on Benghazi To Be Released

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

The long awaited report will be released today.

The Dems on the committee tried to do damage control by releasing their own version of the report early.

Early reports suggest:

The cover up blaming the poor film maker was just to cover Obama's ***.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/11/now-know-president-obama-was-mia-on-benghazi.html

Obama skipped his Personal Daily Briefing the next morning. He really didn't give a crap about events in Benghazi. Raising money was more important to him.

Hillary went right along with the lies like the good little soldier she is. And now, she's in line to be the next Commander in Chief.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

NYT headline
    Note they do not try and say "no evidence."

[​IMG]

3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

That's OK. I'm sure FOX news will provide an elaborate all day festival of bringing up the "old" evidence. That's what they did after Hillary used an all-day hearing to embarrass Trey Gowdy. They used old footage and brought up interviewees and basically repeat old interviews. One would be hopeful, given the amount of effort involved, the Benghazi committee might have learned something we haven't been over a few dozen times.

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

What's the short version? Anything new or did Congress spend million$$ to state the exact same thing as the previous 4 reports?

Is their any doubt that bureaucracy was the ultimate reason for the deaths of those 4 Americans? Unmet calls for additional security denied or ignored by mid-level career bureaucrats and the Ambassador in a non-secure location he never should have been.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Is their any doubt that bureaucracy was the ultimate reason for the deaths of those 4 Americans? Unmet calls for additional security denied or ignored by mid-level career bureaucrats and the Ambassador in a non-secure location he never should have been.[/QUOTE]

You got it about right SH, Nero, aka HRC, fiddled while Benghazi burned and her direct reports were murdered. Oh and then she lied about the why but "what difference does it make"? Answer: when the last name is Clinton, not a d*** bit. So yep, nothing new there.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Why was Trump mentioned 23 times in the Dem report?
    Sorry Dens only mentioned Trump 23 times

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Did a Trump company sell us the building that the embassy was in? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seattle Husker

How many times was HRC mentioned even though there is no evidence that she was even made aware of the security requests? Trump was mentioned for the same reason Gowdy felt the need to have a 5th Republican only investigation. This is election year politics. They interviewed 80 new people and came to the exact same conclusions. Just like the Kenneth Star investigation, Republicans celebrate spending of tax dollars for political witch hunts.

The only good thing to come out of the Gowdy investigation was the HRC server issue which is a valid issue. This report appears to be a regurgitation of previous reports which makes it a 100% waste of your and my tax $$$.

9. Seattle Husker

The Dem report was pure politics just like this Gowdy version.

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

In the end, 4 Americans died, including the first Ambassador since 1979, but there were over 30 people in the complex that were in jeopardy. Obama just went to bed, got up the next morning, skipped the Personal Daily Briefing, and got on with politics as usual.

Apparently, there wasn't even a thought given to firing up the situation room. Worst.President.Evah!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Hillary also went home to bed even though the attacks were still going on , attacks on HER people.

Husker Really?your comeback on Trump being mentioned by Dems is to ask why Hillary is mentioned?

• Like Like x 1
  12. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I have neither the time nor the inclination to read the entire report. But I did read the executive summary, and then I used ctr-F to hop from Trump reference to Trump reference. This was enough to see what is going on.

The references to Trump don't have anything to do with the Benghazi affair itself. Instead, the references are offered to support the Democrats' contention that the Republicans' continued pursuit of this issue is purely political. In that context, references to Trump make sense.

13. Seattle Husker

I'm saying BOTH reports were 100% politically motivated born to be released in an election year. They were geared not to answer the question of "why" to get to real solutions but rather to put a political spin to put the other party in a negative light. This was done with OUR money. That should piss everyone off but the partisans simply cheer it on, at least the actions from their side then ***** and moan when the tables are turned.

14. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Read the emails from the officials stationed there, the testimony of the Secretary of Defense, the accounts of the soldiers actually involved, and what the parents of the dead soldiers said HC and WH officials told them was to blame for their child's slaughter.

Forget partisan opinions of politicians, the facts are all right there and it's clear as day Obama, HC, and the WH have much to be ashamed for. Denying this due to party loyalty is nothing less than despicable.

• Like Like x 4
  15. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

hey crockett ....
    I just sat down here to time shift Megyn Kelly's program ... 20 minutes into it ... she hasn't mentioned this report a SINGLE time. It's all about the istanbul attack.
    carry on.

16. Seattle Husker

Largescale terror attacks tend to pre-empt all planned programming. Had Istanbul not occurred do you think it wouldn't have received at least one or 2 very long segments?

17. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I'm just reporting what's on, since it was presumed the Benghazi report would dominate FNC.

It hasn't.

18. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

If not for Istanbul, what other story comes close to the findings reported by the committee? Typical Lib wanting to silence the truth about their corrupt leaders. You don't think it should be reported?

• Like Like x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Dude, the dems started the congressional and independent investigation racket when GOP regularly won the presidency and the dems controlled congress. Turnabout is fair play.

20. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Acting as if you are not responsible for running your organization does not mean you are not accountable.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

1st rule of management - EVERYTHING is your fault.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Many, not all, but many leftists/ libs/ Dem Pols have never been leaders or decision makers.Hillary is at the top of that list. if you are THE head everything is your responsibility even down to making sure the person ordering toilet paper knows your priorities.
    I can't imagine the pain the families still feel knowing they were lied to to their face as the bodies of their loved ones were taken off the plane.
    Knowing she put the perceived "feelings" of Libyan leaders ahead of the lives of Americans is disgusting. Wasting time wondering if our Marines should wear uniforms while Americans were under attack? :brickwall:
    But media and all her supporters- keep ion thinking this is not important to people.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Seattle Husker

You mistakenly think I give a **** about the Democrats. Politically motivated investigations which cost million$$ are atrociously wrong regardless of either party leading the charge.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seattle Husker

What in this report was different than the previous 4 reports, 2 of which were independent reviews? What other news? An election? Brexit seems to be a popular topic. I'd argue this report wasn't to "expose the truth" but rather to drag up the same facts from months ago during the election cycle but this time with a Republican slant. The Democrats were equally at fault for their partisan rebuttal report released on Monday.

25. Seattle Husker

What would accountability be in this situation? Would this look like taking responsibility?

The State Department screwed up by denying many of the ~200 requests for additional security. Ambassador Stevens (RIP) had errors in judgment when he chose to travel to Benghazi to stay in an unsecured compound knowing the security concerns. I also agree with Chris Steven's widow that the Congress is also partly to blame by CUTTING the budget to defend our emissaries during this chaos we are seeing around the world. There is A LOT of blame to go around that led to the 4 honored American deaths. The problem with this situation now is that the blame falls on partisan line which removes any ability to drive real solutions to a problem that will rear it's head again down the line.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Husker
    WE found out Hillary, like BO, left the situation room and went home even though she did not know where her Ambassador was or the fate of the other Americans under attack. She DID know the attack was ongoing.
    We found out that the State Dept was waffling over whether to have the Marines FAST team wear cammies or civies, changing their mind several times while the Marines waited to leave Rota Spain to help those under attack.
    We found out that while BO etc were plotting their blame a video strategy it was a LibyanMilitary Intelligence force ( you know the ones Hillary and BO help oust) that actually went into the annex with enough fire power to rescue the remaining Americans still taking fire.
    I do not think any of those facts are partisan but they do show an amazing level of incompetence that cost lives.
    REALLY? Hillary 's state Dept dithering over what clothes our Marines should wear while those brave SEALS are ion a rooftop fighting for their lives?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Seattle Husker

Those "facts" are absolutely partisan. You've cherry-picked the "facts" to fit your agenda which is partisan. You're trying really hard to create a narrative with trivial crap like what clothing the respondents should wear. Notice that in nothing that you wrote is there anything other than faults on the State Department? No DOD? No CIA? Even Ambassador Stevens? Nothing!! You're so steeped in stinking partisanship that you can't see it.

We've lost 4 outstanding Americans. While you try to pin all responsibility to 2 individuals, my hope is that the adults will fix this so it doesn't happen again. Ultimately, this can only be fixed by career bureaucrats, sadly.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Husker
    Are you sure about this? "I also agree with Chris Steven's widow that the Congress is also partly to blame by CUTTING the budget to defend our emissaries during this chaos we are seeing around the world"
    Can you point to when and where in the budget Congress cut funds to defend our embassies?

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Then I suggest you be more accurate in your accusations.

30. Seattle Husker

Sorry, you must be new around here.