Our upcoming team starting 5 ???

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LeoBenz74, Jun 28, 2016.

1. LeoBenz74

LeoBenz74 25+ Posts

im sooo confused but excited about this years team??? So let's play the starting 5 game?? Last year Ariel, Brooke, and Lashann came on gangbusters at the end, so I would def start them now here's where I get confused who's the other 2 Joyner at PF and Kelsey at C, ok sounds good but are we going more mobile and starting one of the twins or Hosey?? And what about Brianna, Alicia, Jada???? Omg what a problem to have, someone Helpppp lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I think it largely depends on what the primary offensive scheme is but I'd bet money on the following four starters:
    Brooke, Ariel, Joyner and Kelsey.

That remaining spot might not be claimed until just before the season starts and even then could change frequently based on practice performance or matchup. If Lashann shows the progress most expect between freshman and sophomore campaigns, I could easily see her starting as the second guard - she could handle the ball allowing Brooke to spot up outside the arc and Ariel could spin down to the SF/W.

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Until Alecia is cleared to practice/play, we will be short on guards to start the season. We lost Empress and Celina, and with no Alecia early on, we don't have a lot of guards -- Brooke, Ariel, Tasia, and Lashann.

So, while I agree that Brooke, Ariel, Joyner and Kelsey will be four of the starters, I wouldn't be surprised if:

- Ariel is at SG instead of SF
    - Joyner is at SF instead of PF
    - Twins at PF'

Or, Hosey or Underwood impress enough to start at SF.

4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Considering most SF are just slightly taller guards, Joyner at SF, with her height, strength and athleticism, would be scary.

5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

McCarty, Higgs, Atkins, Holmes, and whichever other player best fits into the scheme.

Having said this, I don't know that it matters much who starts and who starts and who doesn't... in fact that just may be a game-by-game decision based on match-ups.

Whatever the case, with the QUALITY depth on the roster, I expect minutes to be shared pretty generously 10 or 12 players deep. If we stay healthy we're going to be a MUCH DEEPER team this upcoming season.

#versatility!
    #interchangeable!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016