Pac-12 Network

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Texas Taps, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Longhorn Extra on LHN had to borrow highlights of the Texas/Stanford baseball game from the Pac-12 Network. The video quality looked like ***. 4x3 SD that looked more like VHS. We're so lucky to have LHN :hookem2:

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I cannot find the article, but evidently the PAC-12 did not partner with ESPN or Fox and is going with their own technical abilities. Big mistake which will soon leave the PAC-12 with the lowest payout per school.

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I watched the stream of last night's (Friday) baseball game. The website noted that the video was provided by Stanford. It was pretty poor.

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The only video for the Stanford series is the stream provided by Stanford. When the Pac 12 Network provides a stream it is from their channel which is usually pretty good.

The Stanford stream I believe is a student production. The announcers are students and it shows. The stream is actually much better than it used to be. The last time Texas was there they had only one camera behind home plate and used what looked like old chyron generated graphics. They still have no instant replay and the camera angles are bad. Any play down the right field line cannot be seen as in Shaw's great catch last night.

• Like Like x 1