When will be healthy at QB?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Aces_Full, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

I say going into the 2016 season:

Tyrone Swoopes, SR.
    Jerrod Heard, RS Soph.
    Kai Locksley, RS Fresh
    Shane Buechele, Fresh

That would give us 4 scholarship QBs...2 with game experience. Also, 2 from the old regime and 2 from the new staff. Surely, out of those 4 we can find a difference maker.

This year will be better than last (at the QB position), as at least there is an option B. But I still think we are a year away from having above average QB play.

2. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

oops meant to put this in On the Field. Can someone move it for me?

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I agree. I don't think Saturday's game made anyone feel like we are there yet with the QB position.

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I agree, I think there will be some improvement at QB this year. After watching the SG Saturday and a couple of more times yesterday, Swoopes may get the nod as the starter, but I like Heard more. His reads and instincts are quicker. He may not have the cannon arm of Swoopes, but he has better touch and gets the ball out faster. As of now, we get one or perhaps two wins more than last year. Lots of young guys and probably some true frosh will put cleats on the field this year. 2016 and in particular 2017 will be the interesting seasons. Another question is the special teams. Their play has to improve this year and not cost us games or field position.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yup, there is some improvement by Swoopes and Heard has demonstrated he has closed or mostly closed the gap, but we don't have "the guy" at QB yet. As I have stated, I think Heard has more upside than TS and may, may get better or perhaps gain an edge over Swoopes by the end of fall camp.

We will see.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Let's hope....

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Swoops biggest issue was/is between the ears. Where that stands will not be known until 05 September at 19:30.

• Like Like x 2
  8. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

I agree Viper. He's too hesitant in the most important situations. Clear that up and he might amount to something.