with all due respects, aTm chancellor john sharp.... has finally flipped!

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by meadowlark, Apr 25, 2015.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

Texas A&M chancellor John Sharp: Kyle Field better than AT&T and NRG Stadiums

Better than AT&T and NRG Stadiums.

Those are words Texas A&M Chancellor John Sharp used to describe soon-to-be completed Kyle Field to reporters during a press conference concerning the stadium’s $485 million renovation.

The home of Texas A&M football has been receiving a facelift over the course of the past two seasons with completion of the project quickly approaching. After the implosion of the west side on December 21, crews have been working ahead of schedule. Cosmetics of the building are quickly coming together as the nearly half-billion dollar renovation has started to take its final shape.

Sharp noted that “all the juice,” or permanent power to the stadium, would be turned on May 15, also saying the new Kyle Field will be the “most impressive college sports venue in the country.”

Speaking of power, among the recent improvements is a highly sophisticated Wi-Fi system capable of handling 100 thousand calls simultaneously. Unlike most stadiums and large gathering areas across the country, a day at Kyle Field will no longer spell disaster for phone reception or battery life.

The games will be seen from a brand new press box, which will not feature the famousswaying motion as the box before. Transportation issues around the stadium were also addressed, as well as adding more women’s restrooms.

Game day grand opening is set for September 12 against Ball State.

2. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

OMG NO WAY! didn't jerryworld cost on or around ($1.3billion dollars)? how on earth could kyle field ever compete with likes of that ultra magnificent NFL stadium? at&t stadium in dallas is a complete powerhouse!

3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

AT&T stadium is NOT in dallass. It's not even in the same county. It's in Arlington which is in Tarrant County. dallass has nothing to do with it or the Texas Rangers and their stadium.

4. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

Well I don't know about comparing it to NFL stadiums, but one thing is for sure - it looks fantastic.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Ahh, the much anticipated, new and improved, fancy aggy tackle-box.

We are the Joneses.

Agricultural officials need to post some signs around the "most impressive college venue in the country" stadium, warning aggy if they have an emergency and need to call 911, they should not look for a number 11 on their phone keypad!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Sharp's comments are essentially outlined by Hitler in Mein Kamph. He called it "THE BIG LIE":

Make the lie big.
    Make the lie simple.
    Keep repeating it over and over.
    When the lie is exposed, question the mental stability of the other person.

Think of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" and "I did not trade arms for hostages".

:cowrose::usflag:

• Like Like x 6
  7. WorsterMan

Yellowdawg - for the peace of everyone here... please do not get me started on the On the Field board about the lowly Clinton's.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  8. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

My pleasure Worster Man. Just replace "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" with "No New Taxes" and "Iraqi Oil Will Pay For The War".

The Big Lie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

They clearly have done a great job with the new stadium on paper, and I have no doubt it will be a great place to watch a game. And I hear that all the windows are really easy to roll up so that if it starts raining they can keep the stadium dry.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Come on Ball State...you can do it. :coolnana:

11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

True, the disaster at Kyle is reserved for the football team...

• Like Like x 1
  12. WorsterMan

Does aggy really have Balls State at Pyle Field on their 2015 schedule? Uphauling if true!

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

AGGY Wi-Fi...
    [​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]