Wow! Something pro-Texas in the Dallas Morning News!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Fiesta, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yes, very nice article and that is exactly what many of our fans feel that did not attend or graduate from UT:hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  3. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Sums me up pretty good.......Dad was diehard Longhorn fan.....some of the first games I remember watching on TV were Longhorn games (64 Cotton Bowl).......def. grew up loathing all things Sooner/Aggie/Pig and still do.

• Like Like x 4
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That's cool. We left my 3 and 4 year old girls with friends near Ft. Worth for the 2000 game. When we came back they had them doing the hook'em. I don't recall exactly what I told them. But, a few months later they were doing some sign language at the Children's sermon and they were signing for "love" and it looks similar to the hook'em. My 4 year old said to the preacher, "I can't do that, daddy said it's a bad thing."

Tribalism. Hope everyone has a safe trip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Good read! My first UT game was the '64 Cotton Bowl when I was 9. Been a Horn fan ever since...

• Like Like x 3
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I was not at the game, but we have something in common Joe. That '64 CB game vs. Navy was the first UT game I ever watched on TV or in person - I was 10 yrs. old and watched with my Dad.

I too was "hooked" after that!:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Fantastic article that certainly hits home for me. Thanks. It would be nice if we could surprise a whole bunch of folks tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

From the time I could walk ...

I remember standing in the truck seat next to Dad as he drove the 65 Chev pickup, singing the Eyes Of Texas ...

of course, my ornery side was revealed early on as I discovered it irritated Dad when I'd add "To McDonalds" behind "... you cannot get away"

LOL

Great Times ...

A rough day in Burnt Orange is always better than what appears to be a good day in that crimson/cream (sounds like a bad Blue Bell flavor) junk.

Til Gabriel Blows His Horn!!!!

HOOK 'EM!!!

• Like Like x 3