#1 Seeds still alive

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

The one seeds have a real chance of all making it to the final four.

UNC vs Louisville - Carolina is playing great ball and should be the best bet to make it. Louisville is playing great ball, but UNC is better.

KU vs Davidson - This sounds easy, but Davidson is playing some great ball. I expect KU to win, but this still could be a great game.

UCLA vs Xavier - I keep thinking that UCLA has no business being here at this point but they keep winning. Should be a great match up.

Memphis vs Texas - Quite honestly a toss up. I truly believe that Texas will win, but again I think the FT shooting will be an issue for both teams. Who ever makes them will win.

In the end we could easily have four #1 seeds in the final four.

2. skyranger43

skyranger43 100+ Posts

They all keep blowing them up, but IMO the worst of the No.1's is UCLA. Digger has been blowing on the Big East all year and they get 8 teams in and only 1 left in the Elite 8!

3. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

I was getting ready to post...we're the only 2-Seed still alive.

If you had all 1's vs. 2's in the Elite 8, you'd have 5 teams right and we're the only 2. Obviously we were right there with the 1's when the seeding was done.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

4. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

I don't know how often all four #1 seeds have made the Elite Eight, but I don't see them all making the Final Four.

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

6. hook'em10

hook'em10 < 25 Posts

7. Ruby Soho

Ruby Soho 100+ Posts

All 4 #1's have made the Elite 8 five times.

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Well, UNC and UCLA are both in.

I just don't see Kansas losing which means the odds are in our favor against Memphis since four one seeds have never made it to the final four.

I have my tickets!!

[​IMG]

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Thank God Dick Enberg isn't calling our game tomorrow, or he would be reminding everyone of this every five minutes.

10. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer 500+ Posts

A Final-4 of UNC, KU, UCLA, and Texas would be incredible. Although when I look at these teams, I have to think "one of these teams is not like the others".

11. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

So basically, at this point, Texas will almost certainly have to beat three #1 seeds in a row to win the national championship...

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn 1,000+ Posts

Lazy-

When you say one of these teams is not like the other- do you mean teams as in a collection of talent this year, or do you mean teams as in Programs?

If it's the latter I totally agree, if it's the former I believe you aren't giving us enough credit- there isn't a team in this land that has beaten more quality teams then the university of Texas. We had a rough patch where we essentially lost 5 of the six games we were to lose over the course of the season in a 10 game stretch, but other than that we've been dynomite. Obviously, from a program standpoint (historical) the only way we belong in the same sentence with those other schools is to say, "Texas is certainly no UCLA or UNC or KU"

I'll take our time in the Rick Barnes era and put it up agains the entire nations and only be jealous of about 6 or 8 schools. I'd say we are the best team in the nation not to have won a title in the last decade.

13. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

14. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts