#1 seeds

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by HuskerNKingwood, Mar 15, 2009.

1. I said it here three years ago that there's a chance all four #1 seeds would come up short of the Final Four. None of them made it.

Last year they all made it - first time in history.

I think this year will be more towards the 06 trend, although Louisville will make it. They've got about as easy a draw as you can imagine - I can even see an all Big East Elite 8 v. West Virginia but U of L will be in.

The rest of em? I dunno. UCONN's going to have a very tough matchup with BYU in Round Two (yes, BYU over A&M), and even if they get by that, Memphis awaits in the Elite 8.

Pitt has an easy road to the Elite 8 but I think either UCLA or Duke can give them a run in that round. They have a tendency to come up short before the Final 4. If they don't make it with the road through Dayton and Boston, I don't know if they ever will.

And UNC? Yeah they'll make it if they get by Gonzaga. Which by the way, won't be an easy task. Zaga is salty this year.

PS - I'm surprised that they rated the Big 12 seeds this highly. I thought A&M would be more like a 10 or 11, and I thought OU might drop a couple seeds with their one and done in OKC.

2. SL Xpress

SL Xpress 500+ Posts