#1 Texas vs. Arizona

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by UTExinPDX, Sep 11, 2021.

1. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Longhorns down Arizona in four sets. 25-21, 16-25, 25-22, and 25-22. :hookem2::hookem2::hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

And it took the worst call in VB history I've ever seen to do it. That was some real sloppy play. This team will certainly never with the smartest, most strategic team award.

This team really misses Morgan, not only for her defense but serving too.

3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

It didn't take that because Arizona was never going to beat Texas regardless. Texas played bad but nobody expects them to play their best 7 games into the season. Texas is also the best serving team in the country by far. It is high risk but the reward is there as well.

4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I really like Parra. Her serve must be difficult. Right now her efficiency with it is not good. I think it will get better as she gets more comfortable. I do wish she would smile a little and have more fun. She is obviously a very serious player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I wish Logan would play better.
    I think it's sad, Texas probably have the No.1 Middle Hitter in the Country. In B. Butler and year 3 you still can't sit her right. I feel so sorry for her. Her talent is not being displayed well at all. Fields so far is the Best Hitter on the Team. I love M. Phillips play. O'Neal doing a pretty good job Servicing and Blocking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's on Brionne just as much as the setter. In 3 years she still hasn't figured out you can't kill the ball when you're back on the ground when the ball is still going up and the setter can't set it until the ball gets to her. You can kill it if you're going up and the ball is going up, you don't have to be at your peak height and neither does the ball. In fact, it's better to attack when the ball is just over the net before the defense can get in position. All the athletic ability in the world, but no brain. At least Asjia gets that, and why they run the slide to Asjia and not Brionne.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Since we are a volleyball school now, the Horns better not lose their #1 ranking or they will be hell to pay!

• Funny Funny x 1