10 Loses That May Have Saved Herman If They Were Wins

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KBBAKER, Jan 2, 2021.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

They must be thanking the non racist contingent of Longhorn nation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I think I remember him being the coach on the hottest seat prior to the season (him or Helton). I think most expected him to blow this golden opportunity to win a conference championship (as he obviously did) this year with a senior year QB and a stacked team so he would probably be let go. OU was supposed to be a near gimme as they were reloading with a freshman QB and their best defensive lineman out due to suspension and lets face it the rest of the conference is a long way from scaring elite teams. So yes I think he gets fired for this horribly underachieving season with or without all the other side issues. Obviously if he could not even get in the conference championship game this year, a national championship was never going to happen with him. I am also a bit like IDE in not wanting to blame (and believe) all these so called locker room issues. Nearly every school had some issue for example A&M and the Sul Ross statue and other coaches (Riley) marched with players. Herman just went one conference too high for his ability as a head coach in my opinion. Finally I think many of you are forgetting about how bad the Tech win was and how bad the TCU loss was. Also, let us not forget, one of the few KSU wins came against the OU team we played with suspensions and not the full strength OU team (I realize KSU had their premier QB for that game), but OU was considerably better once the suspended players came back. As far as Sark goes, I really hope he sees how badly Strong and Herman screwed up by hiring lousy assistant coaches to start their regimes and learns from this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. horninchicago

Tech was the only game I watched. Should have been a loss. Didn't watch any other games.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow hornin, really the only game?

5. horninchicago

Yes. Watched up here with @Run Pincher. That's how much Herman drove me away as a fan this year.

6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Don't forget some of the team told recruits not to come to UT because of TH and a bunch of them followed that advice. I think that was the straw when it got back to CDC and the BMD's.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  7. Hillcityhorn

Hillcityhorn 100+ Posts

Watching only one game, you saved your BP and sanity. In a nutshell, 4th and less than 1 yd failure vs Iowa St summed up the Herman era. Seriously, how does a coach not have a QB sneak play, after 4 years!!?!?!

• Like Like x 1