10 Organic Beers ... Anybody tried any of these?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Bevo Incognito, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

I eat and drink organic whenever I can. I wonder if you guys have tried any of these and have any impressions?

The Link

2. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

The only one I have tried is the New Belgium Mothership Wit, good stuff. But I didn't know it was considered "organic." What makes a beer organic? I thought beer in general was organic. I guess the grains would be grown without chemical pesticides and fertilizers, maybe? Is this a big problem in beer?
    I did like the line in the article that said something about sales increasing at a heady rate.

3. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

I've only tried (and seen for that matter) Mothership Wit. I enjoy it. It's a nice change up from time to time.

4. EB22

EB22 100+ Posts

If had the Mothship Wit and Lamar Street Organic Pale Ale...both are good.

5. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

I drink Foret a lot. That's organic.

6. hook1997

hook1997 25+ Posts

Stone Hill IPA is a nice IPA if you like Pale Ales.

7. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Yea, the grain and hops have to be grown organically.
    I've tried the stone mill at Sea World. (They have a beer tasting room)
    It was unremarkable. Not saying it was bad, just not crave-worthy. Same with the mothership wit.

8. ihearttajeallen

ihearttajeallen 250+ Posts

i have tried most of these. The best one, in my opinion, is the HUB IPA. Hopworks is a newish brewing org. here in Portland. The IPA is hoppy(as it should be!) but, man, if you can get it, drink one.

another one that is not on the list is Roots IPA. like HUB, they are an all organic brewery and they make phenomenal beer.

9. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

Wolaver's has an IPA that is pretty damn good.