10 years ago today...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Vino Bevo, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Well, it sounds to me like A&M hired the perfect firm for their needs then.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

My football consciousness didn't really begin until the early 80s, so having my formative years be followed by the decade of 84-94 gave me a complex. There was no way in the world that the Texas A&M football program was good enough, clean enough, or powerful enough to be THAT dominant against us.

So while I loved 95 and 98, honestly the home routs of 96, 00, 02, and 04 were more satisfying from a "oh this is how it's supposed to be" level. And I'm still a little pissed that our last home game ever against them was the Von Miller game.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

G&P,

I encouraged my Aggie friends to rent NRG for home games, and tear Kyle down and rebuild from ground up. Expensive? In the long run, it may have proven less outlay than all the repairs and upkeep on the old sections.

4. Gladius&Pilum

Gladius&Pilum 100+ Posts

My understanding is that A&M was better able to meet its capacity goal by retaining most of the 2nd and 3rd deck of the student side. Any renovation of those sections would have necessitated an increase in seat size to meet existing code thereby reducing capacity for the same footprint.

Extensive renovation of the concourses and infrastructure was done once that side was gutted.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I remember you bunch of 'tards making the seats skinnier to artificially increase capacity. If your undergrad and post grad women weren't such a bunch of 200+lb heifers the plan might have been more palatable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

My favorite game was us at Kyle. We usually won and it drove them crazier

Back to Thanksgiving!!!

As for the Razorbacks, Jones is a pig and playing them in his Hog Zanadu should not even be considered even if the prices are lowered on everything. Besides, we already have a game in Dallas

jones is Putin without the good manners

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gladius&Pilum

Gladius&Pilum 100+ Posts

CFB games should NEVER be played at Jerry World.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

A certain college game against a west coast team let me know I never need to go back to that place.:rolleyes1:

• Agree Agree x 1