#11 seed vs #6 Cincy

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by NBHorn7, Mar 11, 2012.

1. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

If I were to write down what not to do and what should not happen it would resemble the last two minutes of playing time. Very proud of the comeback. Showed grit and never gave up. It's not like they just decided to stop playing and give up.

I like making them have to make ft's. Worst in their league? Did i hear that right?

2. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

We have accomplished the notable invention of the rop-a-dope basketball offensive strategy.
    Good come-back, maybe it isn't quite over.

3. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

A break away or you kidding me. Cincy cannot shoot free throws and you let that happen. Amazing.

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Good effort on the comeback, but I've seen this movie before.

5. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

The team was totally lost the last 2 minutes. Poor coaching.

6. Walking Boss

Barnes coaching weakness at the end of games is magnified by this team. Brown's unforced turnover when we could have taken the lead was huge.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Proud of this team for overcoming the huge deficit on the national stage. Hoped for a win and my bracket takes a sentimental hit for this game. Here's to hopefully learning some lessons from this and having some experience shine through next year.

There is a lot of hoops left in the Big Dance and I will be watching it all. Here's to those who will as well. Have a good upcoming weekend!

[​IMG]

8. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

9. addicted to Horn

addicted to Horn 1,000+ Posts

I didn't see the poor coaching as much as the pathetic play from the team. This team has no leadership on the court, and puckered up when the game got close. Considering we have absolutely no talent at the center position and we have such a young team, this was an okay season. On to football.

10. Walking Boss

A change in defense by the other team completely baffles this team. Cincy went to a zone in the last couple of minutes and our guys stand around like they have never seen one before. I don't know if that is coaching or if this group's collective basketball IQ is extremely lacking.

11. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

Poor coaching. No real offensive plan at crunchtime. No superstar player to overcome that

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

13. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

This team is simply not a very intelligent basketball team. It is understandable for the freshmen to not have a very high BB IQ at this level, but Brown is another story. He should know better. None of these guys are NBA ready, so I hope to see them all back next year (hopefully with Cameron Ridley in the fold).

14. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

From the legendary coach Dick Motta; When you dig yourself in a deep hole, you expend so much energy fighting out of it, you can't get over the top.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

15. Third Coast

16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It doesn't matter why. It's one and done. Look at the trend.... the richest school in America... a highly paid coach.... I'm not thrilled with the comback. It's a first round exit....

17. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

We have only won 2 tournament games the last 4 years. That is not acceptable on any level, even the kook aide drinkers need to wake up.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

19. Third Coast

Well, next year we should have more margin of error. If Ridley comes, the aliens are going to have their appendages full.

20. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Too bad they shot so poorly the 1st half, but a nice comeback try.

[​IMG]

A couple of guys shouldn't give any further thought to coming out early this year. If they're late first rounders, I'm the next men's bb coach.

21. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

22. busterbrown16

23. Third Coast

Speaking of next year, I hear we have this great point guard Javan Felix coming. Having a great point guard could make a big difference.

24. busterbrown16

Stat - we don't know each other and I have not kept up with posts this basketball season because I rarely came on the board because of how frustrating the season has been. You can call me ignorant. Whatever. You have no idea who I am or anything about me, but go ahead and make that statement.

I tried to bite my tongue and give this team the benefit of the doubt, and I am a bit mad at myself for getting so worked up about the game today. But I continue to see the same things with this team and it gets frustrating. It gets even more frustrating when fans continue to (in my opinion) blindly support the team and be happy with tournament appearances and first round exits.

Nothing on this board matters. We are not going to change each other's opinions. That is well-established. But somehow change does eventually happen and I refuse to accept continued mediocrity and complacency when I clearly see it.

25. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I was very impressed with the comeback and when the game was tied at 52 and the horns had the ball let myself hope that they might actually win. Just wasnt meant to be and when you shoot 16% for a half that is usually not a game you are going to win.

This team overachieved this year and that is tough to write when you consider what could have been if so many players hadnt left early. The ceiling for this team was maybe a first round upset in the NCAA and they got there. Its hard to fault a team that played to its potential even if we dont like what that potential was. Next year assuming we dont have some really stupid decisions to turn pro this team will be really good and that potential will be much higher.

26. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

This team did about what it was expected to do. Kybongo is not the second coming of TJ or even Augastine like some thought. He will be back next year and will improve.

Brown, while good, still makes some really bad mistakes because he feels he has to take over the game.

The one head scratching coaching decision for me today was calling a timeout after we tied the game at 52 all. We had the momentum and Cincy was reeling. This gave them a chance to regroup and for us to start thinking again and not going with the flow we had established. They did and we did and the results speaks for itself.

Bottom line is if Brown comes back next year and we get Ridley to join the incoming class we should be much better next year.

More experience and more talent and yes, the experience of this NCAA game's highs and lows for the freshman should also give them more seasoning.

Now, if there is not some marked improvement next year then let the criticism fly.

27. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

I'll state this again - when your goal is too recruit and get one and done players, this is what you get. - a program that is becoming very shaky. - 2 wins in the tournament the last 4 years, I think, is not good or should be accepted - it's hard to build continuity with these type of players - Barnes should have saved a timeout at the end so cincy could have,worked on their last second play ( he did that for Arizona last year)- Barnes is a good coach but his coaching last year and now this season is reason for concern - seems like outside of Mack , the other coaches can just show up and draw a paycheck without expectations- there should be some intrinsic motivation like we see with Eddie Reese, Elliot , and augie( he needs a hitting coach) - there needs to be a coming to Jesus meeting with the coaches about having high expectations

28. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I love all these fans, I don't support Mediocrity, what a ******* joke you are......do you think you are privledged? What are you 22 and just out of college? Do you think the world owes you something? It is a freaking game being played by college kids, there are going to be highs and lows above average below average and yes mediocrity.

Everybody wants the Above average.

Instead of bitching what is your solution? You are real good at whining how about coming up with a solution?

Congratulations to the Longhorns for the effort they gave, it may not have been up to expectations but the next year is looking real good and 2014 will be the year!!!!

29. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

30. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

The solution is to clean house and get some new blood in the athletic department. Only Mack Brown is accountable for his job and it shouldn't be like that. How many people on this board have high paying jobs like these and don't have to worry about doing their jobs or producing? I have a job where they track everything and anything and expect you to be doing a certain level of work. If I was producing like certain coaches at UT, I wouldn't have a job.