12 college football coaches who’ll enter 2017 on the hot seat

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bck031, Jan 18, 2017.

1. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

Kliff Kingsbury - Texas Tech

The defense needs a massive turnaround and the Raiders' offense can't dip without Pat Mahomes in 2017. Tall task.

Kevin Sumlin - Texas A&M

An 8-5 2016 season doesn't play. Not with the talent on the A&M roster. Not with the money spent on coaches. Not with the money that is spent on Sumlin.

The hiring of Tom Herman at Texas only adds more pressure — Sumlin has to contend for the playoffs in 2017.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ball-coaches-wholl-enter-2017-hot-seat-011817

2. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I think both of these coaches keep their jobs unless they absolutely stink it up or Tom Herman rolls out a 9 or 10 win season which would begin the 'if they can; we can' talk.

I mean, A&M just capped off an 8 win season. That's not historically normal and it's pretty good for those guys.

Losing their bowl game = historically normal. I don't know how you put that on Sumlin, though.

3. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

After Summy gets canned next year there's not going to be a lot to choose from... I'm sure Hugh freeze would fit right in @ collie station, though.

Hard to believe malzahn is on that list. Auburn would have a hard time getting anyone that could produce more than what they've received from him, at least on a consistent basis

4. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

True, but reading Texags the past couple of years I don't see how he survives another 8 win season. The few agriculturals I personally know, want to see him gone. Ask who the replacement would be you get answers that range from Vince Lombardi to "anyone". I think he may have run his course unless he seriously runs at Alabama. I don't see that happening.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

What playoffs when third in the $EC West is the best they can achieve?

6. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

Hey the aggies start the season great against SFA, Prairie View, and SHSU. It's just when they play real SEC teams that they lose.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

the B12's KSU kicked butt against aggy in their bowl game. I can't see any really good coach going there or having success.