#12 in the AP Poll

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by cynt, Nov 15, 2021.

1. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

The AP Poll moved us up to 12. I knew we would move up but didn't know by how much. WAY TO GO LONGHORNS!!!

:bevo::bevo::bounce1::hookem::fire::yippee::bounce2::coolnana::hookem3:

1 South Carolina (25)
    2 UConn (5)
    3 Maryland
    4 Indiana
    5 NC State
    6 Baylor
    7 Stanford
    8 Iowa
    9 Oregon
    10 Louisville
    11 Arizona
    12 Texas
    13 Michigan
    14 Iowa State
    15 Oregon State
    16 Tennessee
    17 Florida State
    18 Georgia Tech
    19 Kentucky
    20 UCLA
    21 Ohio State
    22 West Virginia
    23 South Florida
    24 Texas A&M
    25 Virginia Tech

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

There was a time when high rankings were the kiss of death for us. I think/hope that is safely in the past.

Isn’t it nice to see highly recruited freshman not sitting on the bench? All our sails seem to be full and we are definitely headed in the right direction.

(I do find it odd that the Bears barely beat Texas State and still moved up to #6, but I didn’t watch that game so really no clue)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's even higher than I expected. C'mon Texas, now it's time to prove you deserve to be there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

Like Vic says its time to stop paying rent and start paying a mortgage in that TOP 10.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Now is the time to prove we deserve even better than #12!

• Like Like x 4
  6. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

It's still very early in the season. But interesting:
    1. Obviously Texas moved from 25 to 12
    2. Texas displaced Iowa State who was at 12 down to 14, for the fault of not playing a game for a data point, I suppose
    3. Baylor moved up from 7 to 6 because Louisville lost and inherent poll bias

Still way to early to take any of these numbers seriously

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I think 12 is a little high. I would've put them at around 15 but it doesn't matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Yeah, it was nice sneaking up on folks at the tournament. I don't think we'll have that opportunity this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

While we can say the polls don't matter, they do to recruits. I mean, so does winning, but the two go hand in hand during the regular season.

On the bottom TV tickers on ESPN and FOX, only the Top 25 ranked teams have their games/scores scrolling. Sometimes only the the Top 10 are scrolled. Bottom line is that you want your team name out there on TV/media as much as possible so it's put right in front of the recruits watching.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Longhorns moved up to #11 this week.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, when I watch LHN or one of the ESPN channels, the ticker at the bottom detailing the Women's AP Poll only lists the school names of those ranked 1-10 :mad:

Almost there! :bevo:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Stanford lost to us and #18 South Florida but remains at #4. Baylor has beaten no ranked teams and almost lost to unranked Missouri. They barely beat Texas State. They are ranked #5. Rankings are meaningless this early in the season. And honestly, they barely make any sense at the end of the season as well. I look forward to “#11” Texas beating “#6” Arizona in two weeks after we take down unranked Idaho.

But good luck finding even a score for a team that drops out of the top 25. The most important part about rankings is not having to deselect Top 25 to B12 when looking for our game!

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yea I was watching a WBB game on B1G network and they showed 1-25 which reminded me a new poll AP was out.
    Same treatment given to scores unfortunately