15 Texas Longhorns at Nebraska Cornhuskers

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by MikeUT00, Jan 9, 2008.

1. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Crap!!

Terrible outing....we are all disappointed, esp. Coach G....as she said:

"No Poise or Passion".....she is pissed..

OK, back to work, work on rebounding, work on offense, and just work HARDER....

We'd better be ready for K State, the came in and BEAT the Aggies on THEIR court....

get it back together, Horns!!

[​IMG]

2. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

I think the we don't have Carla commentary is tired and is no way an explanatiion for a lack of rebounding and scoring. Coach G said it in post game. We won't use Carla's absence as an excuse. We didn't play with poise or passion.

That sums it up, Carla aside.

3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

The haunting memories of last season just came rushing back into my head. A complete and total offensive collapse in the second half. Ouch.

K State just upset the Aggies at A&M and that's who we have coming to the FEC on Sunday!!!

We're down, but I suspect not out. Hang in there Horns. [​IMG]

4. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I didn't see any and only heard the final half of the game so I wasn't aware of Carla's play. The turnorvers and missed shots... it was just so painful to listen. Lindsey and Williams shut down...EBay in foul trouble... anyone have any ideas what just happened. I expected some losses but I thought we would be competitive each game. Up until this point, this was not a team that went flat. I wonder what was up.

6. UTalltheway

UTalltheway < 25 Posts

7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

You know, last year I got through the tough losses by amusing myself with these clever little smilies... tonight I pick this one: [​IMG]

8. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I watched the video of it. EW was 0-9 and they were good looks, every one of them. Brit was 5-19 which is pretty bad. The announcers raved about Nebraska's defense, but I personally did not see anything they were doing that was that exceptional on D besides the fact their guards were in our grill all night gettting steals. In our offensive sets we got some looks, but there was no rebounding. Ashley usually picks up easy buckets this way and tonight she disappeared.

9. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I thought we got good looks too and I thought we missed a tremendous number of chippies, especially at the beginning of the game.

Let's just hope it was a team out of sync without a healthy Carla and one that had a horrible off-shooting night.

I don't want to sound like I am taking anything away from Nebraska, because they played us tough, but we missed lots of shots that normally go down. AND even though we only shot 25%, they only shot 30% [​IMG] Normally, when the other team shoots 30%, you win!

10. LostinTime

LostinTime 25+ Posts

And the names change and the results are the same. [​IMG]

11. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Any ideas what it is going to take to get Williams in the flow? I've said this before, but she seems to be more and more of a non factor in these losses. I've only gotten to see her play in the televeised games so I don't have a grasp on what is going on with her. She is much too talented to be producing such dismal numbers.

12. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

My assessment of Williams last night was she posted up her man very early in the game, she got her shot blocked. She obviously let that get in her head. The rest of the game she was content to settle for 10 foot jump shots and 3 pointers. In my opinion, she needs to work harder in the paint and get herself to the line. If she spends more time down there she might just pick up a rebound or two as well.

13. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

What happen to all the different defenses we have been playing this year.Also Kristen Nash would have been great in the post last nite,because she is scrappy.Nicki Hughes would have given us some energy all over the floor.This least would have given some of the girls some rest, to be ready to come back in the game.Everytime we shoot the ball there was no one under the basket for a rebound.There was too much standing and not getting involved in the game.

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Carla was at about 60%, she shouldn't have been in the game at all. It only hurts the team to have a player out there who is simply too hurt to be effective, and it might costs us down the line because if she keeps playing prematurely it'll take more games for her to get up to 100% than it would have if she just doesn't play while injured.

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Carla only played eight minutes. I wish she had been held out completely. This is where not having Erika hurts as she could run the point much better than Brit or Ebay. Still, it sounded like Ebay did an okay job at the point. Shots the team makes were not falling. I was, and still am, wondering why we were getting outhustled to rebounds and loose balls. Not having Carla should have made those things even more of a priority than normal. A better adjustment to having Carla play limited minutes should be in place for Sunday's game. Imo, Ebay is probably the best choice to run the point. We will see what happens on Sunday.