1530 phone app

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by orangebones, Dec 8, 2009.

1. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

I debated whether I should put this in the Depot as opposed to this forum, but here goes...

I used to be able to pick up 1530 in my truck all the way up to Waco, where I commute very often.

I cannot pick up the new FM station , 104.9, which in Waco is a decent country station out of Mexia.

I have no desire to listen to the national garbage, and if I did, 1660 out of Waco is the better option.

I have a blackberry bold. Is anyone aware of a phone app I could use to pick up the local Austin 104.9 content? Our company firewall blocks the streaming radio link on the 104.9 website, so I'm guessing I'll need an app, or no dice.

Thanks.

2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa < 25 Posts

I can't even pick up 104.9 in Round Rock. It's very frustrating. I'll start out listening to Dan Patrick on XM, then forget to switch to 104.9 when I get into range (which seems to be south of Pflugerville). 104.9 has a much weaker signal than 1300. Not sure why they would make that change.

3. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

fwiw, "iheartradio" is a clearchannel app that carries 1300, but apart from craig way, they blow goats

4. b UT ful

b UT ful 250+ Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is true. iheartradio is only good for 1300, other than that...it's crappy.

5. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

also, bc it's an internet feed, you can't pick up game broadcasts over iheartradio. I haven't figured out if I can run the silverlight plugin to get the cbssports feed

6. bentwookie

bentwookie 100+ Posts

I use WunderRadio and FStream on my iPhone to stream the Ticket in Dallas from Austin. I am not sure if either of those are available for your Blackberry though. Both of these apps work really well. Fstream is free and allows you to record the live content.

7. Easyhorn

Easyhorn 25+ Posts

Does anyone know the frequency for "in stadium" Craig Way when we play away? At the Big 12, I tried the one I used in Wyoming, but got the Nebraska guys. Then 1080 in Dallas could not be received inside the stadium, so I went for the first time all year without listening to the play by play.