16 Texas Longhorns vs. Texas Pan-American Broncs

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by MikeUT00, Jan 4, 2008.

1. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

TexasSports Preview

Glad to hear Niqky will be back! Hope she can provide an extra boost! Go Lady 'Horns! [​IMG]

2. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

51-20 Texas at the half. [​IMG]

4. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

68-30 Texas with 12:00 to go. [​IMG]

5. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

74-32 Texas with 10:00 to go. [​IMG]

6. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

83-40 Texas with 4:00 to go. [​IMG]

7. 2duckfans

2duckfans 25+ Posts

With the lopsided score, I am guessing everyone got some playing time? How did Niqky do?

8. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

91-43 Texas final. [​IMG]

Niqky logged 13 minutes. She was 1-7 FG, 0-2 3FG, 2-2 FT, netting 4 points with 2 assists and 2 turnovers.

9. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the updates. [​IMG]

10. chicagovol2

chicagovol2 25+ Posts

11. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

12. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, most of the starters sat out a lot in the 2nd half...that was the good news.....bad news was, it got very sloppy in that half....some good plays by the bench, but they need to work on what they are supposed to do when Carla is not on the floor, (which she may not be for a little while).........and then, we'll be pretty ready for the Big 12.

[​IMG]

13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I wouldn't say "sloppy". I would say different. At one point Coach G sent 5 to the floor and took 5 off all in one substitution. The play was suddenly different as if the game was starting over again. I am very, very imprssed with the depth of our bench - something I didn't think we had this year. Texas will pull out some surprises this year not because of one particular player (in my opinion) but rather because opposing teams will have to guard every player every time. We are just as likelyt to hit one from behind the arc/on the perimete/ in the paint /under the basket/ left/right/ low / high depending on who gets the ball. I really think the decidng factor for all our games will be the defensive effort. We will score against anyone... BUT will we make them score less... it will be an interesting season and we wil be much more competitive than I expected. [​IMG]