#2 Volleyball loses to TCU 3 sets to 0

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by UTExinPDX, Oct 28, 2015.

1. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Lost the first and the second sets by identical scores of 25-19.

2. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Lost third set 25-20.

3. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

The 'Horns were due for a stinker, but they should NEVER get swept by the Lady Cockroaches! Ugh!

4. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

Ugh, that was painful.

5. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

I was there. The Horns were dominated on every facet of the game - serve, serve receive, passing, attacking, digging, and blocking. Both Amy and Chiaka had especially bad nights. Can't say I've ever seen that happen.

What was most disappointing to me was their lack of fight. They seemed to just be going through the motions. The match was not as close as the score/stats indicate.

That said I do have confidence that this coaching staff will use this as a teaching opportunity and it won't happen again. Can't say that about some of the staffs on the 40 Acres.

In 2012 they were upset by Iowa State and didn't lose again. Hopefully this will be the same.

At least they get to play again Friday. Look out TTU - the Horns are coming to town and they are mad. Hook 'em. :hookem:

6. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Every year they have a stinker in Big 12 play. Last year it was OU shocking us at Gregory, and the previous year, as mentioned it was Iowa State. I guess our team tends to start coasting mid-conference and then get the expected wakeup call. I just hate it to be one of those games where "They've never beat them ever" and that string ends. I was sick after match point. TCU didn't do something like storm the court did they?

7. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

No one rushed the court. The teams shook hands and the Horns went to their locker room without incident. Fans joined the team and coaches on the court to celebrate and sing their school song after that. I got the feeling they were excited about beating #2 - not Texas.

To be honest I don't think their volleyball fans are avid enough to rush the court. They were excited and justifiably so - they soundly defeated the #2 team. We left about 15 minutes after match point and things were dying down by then.