2 vs. 3 burner Weber

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by dalhorn1, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

I'm needing a new Weber gas grill, and having a tough time finding an affordable 3-burner model in stores. For general grilling, is there a huge difference in 2 vs. 3 burners?

2. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

the Weber company thinks that you 'bar b q' hamburgers and hotdogs. I can not abide this type of talk, so I boycott their products.

3. Brisketexan

Brisketexan 1,000+ Posts

Huh. I don't really care if they say that their products are best for torturing unbelievers, I was just interested in a good and reliable gas grill so I could grill a quick meal for the family some nights.

A Weber it was. They may call it barbecuing. You may call it grilling. When it's a couple of salmon filets with butter, from fridge to table in 10 minutes with a great flavor, I call it "dinner."

I have a 3 burner -- Genesis Silver C (has the extra stove burner on the side -- which I have discovered you do not need). For 95% of what I do, there is no difference between a 2 or 3 burner. BUT, when I use the rotisserie attachment, I turn off the middle burner, and it works perfectly with the front and back burners. Great for indirect heat cooking.

4. The Bone

The Bone 100+ Posts

I have a 3 burner Spirit. It ran me about 400 bucks and it is perfect for grilling quick meals. They are built to last so throw down the extra cash as it will last a long time.

5. Tonesky

Tonesky 25+ Posts

I concur on the 3 burner. It is deep enough and the burners are spaced far enough to run just the back burner and cook with indirect low heat at the front.

6. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

more burners = more better

7. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

I bought a 3 burner Weber 12 years ago and have only had to replace the bars that cover the burners.

8. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Yep, the 3-burner is nice. I often run my Silver B on the 1st and 3rd burners and grill more "sensitive" foods on indirect heat in the middle.

9. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

I have the B (3 burners). It's useful to have 3 for indirect cooking. Makes grilling chicken extremely easy.

10. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

one reason i ask is that I have a $300 gift card from the Depot. They don't have the 3-burner in stock, but can order it. Item cost $400, and for a tiny shipping fee of $250 (my ***!), I can get it. Got me thinking about buying the 2-burner, in stock, no bending over without lube for shipping.

Or, i can try to shop around and price match at some other store. I don't see how the Genesis model makes itself $300 better than the Spirit, with almost identical features and similar styling.

11. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

piling on here, but go 3

12. taco

taco 250+ Posts

I have 3 burner weber, its great for a gas grill.
    Look around, I got mine mispriced at a home depot. they had it marked at a little over $200 during the offseason.