2005 National Champions!

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by stockjock, Jun 26, 2005.

1. FungiHorn

FungiHorn 100+ Posts

[​IMG] Congrats! Awesome season. [​IMG]

2. YChang

YChang 500+ Posts

What a fantastic end to another great season. I had my concerns, but this team just came together and well...the rest is history. I feel sad that Sam couldn't be with this team to enjoy this.

3. Thorp

Thorp 500+ Posts

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to the CWS 2005 Champions. From the 2002 CWS Champions to the 2005 CWS Champions,life is great in UT country. Great job you guys.

4. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

the guys won one for me as an undergrad, and now one while i'm in law school. i'm forever indebted to the baseball program. i love augie and this team. utter domination.

5. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

6. SewaneeHorn

SewaneeHorn 25+ Posts

Way to go guys!!! You've done us all proud!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. TheHorn

TheHorn < 25 Posts

Words can't describe how great this year's feat was. Losing Street and JP we knew was going to happen and be hard to overcome. Throwing LeCure into the mix as well made many doubters, rightfully so, for those that don't know Augie, that is.

If there's any question of Augie's greatness, this year most definitely silences any and all critics he may have had. He has officially put UT as THE fixture of college baseball once again.

Guys who I think had tremendous CWS play this year are the following:

1) Maroul - his defense was tremendous. To finish the last 3 games with multiple hits, let alone HR's in both final games is truly amazing - a memory he'll cherish forever. 5 of 6 RBI's in today's final game. Are you kidding me? Hats off boy - you tore it up. Harold seems to have a man crush on you as well.

2) Cox - appeared in every game, something like a total of 10+ inninings with not a run. That's awesome! I expect J Brent to join the likes of Streeter and JP. Yanks - you're in for a treat.

3) Wheeless - other than the fluke sun in eyes play, gotta give the "guttin' it up" award to Chance. His walk-off HR against Baylor was definitely a top highlight of any UT year, definitely one Chance will also never forget.

4) Crouch - talk about stepping up your play at the plate. Like Augie said post game, he's had the talent all along and once the injury got far enough behind Will, it was only a matter of time. Late June happened to be peak time.

5) Kyle McCulloch - can't say enough how valuable his past two starts have been.

6) Adrian Alaniz - ditto Kyle. Talk about a redshirt freshman having one heck of a year. From moving into the starting rotation, to no-hitting BlowU, to coming up with gut-wrenching regional and superregional games and being our Ace in the CWS.

7) Nick Peoples - hustler. hustler. hustler. I love his hustle. I love it. Other than he and Stubbs almost colliding one more than one occasion, his play has been a very nice surprise. His hustle on the pads, in the field, be it diving for foul balls, crashing against walls for fly outs or running over Cat-Killer catchers, he's busting his tail. HUSTLE = Peoples.

8) Seth Johnston - tough to try and "rank" these guys in numerical order. Seth at #8 is tough, if so. He's been so consistent and such money at the plate, I think many of us take him for granted. The bar just seems to raise itself when we think of Seth - I guess b/c he's been so consistently awesome, especially in the post-season in clutch situations. Like Augie said, you'll be missed. You've been the heart of this year's offense, as evidenced by your UT record setting hits in one season.

9) Teagarden - without Teagarden's hot bat leading up to the CWS, it'd have been much tougher getting where we did. However, even as great as it was, there's no question his presence behind the plate is invaluable. Ask Steve Smith if he agrees or not. Teagarden is the heart of soul of our infield defense. It all started with him.

10) Stubbs - I wish the bat could have gotten it going. However, his run-tying RBI in the 8th against Baylor was huge. Moreso, his defense throughout the entire post season (and regular season) has been tip top. The diving catch against Baylor seals their fate and continues our hopes of getting where we did. I look forward to yet another year of watching our outfield, captained by you.

11) Kasparek - talk about stepping it up. Big game against Baylor #2, not to mention all games leading up to the CWS. Him doing his part allowed our top 2 starters to open our Championship series and set us up for success. For a freshman, you sure don't have the size of one..and definitely not the typical freshman field presence....gotta love the thoughts of having you for TWO more seasons!

12) Well, I'm getting tired and need to crash. To not leave others off, Hudson had a good finish. His timely hits in the first couple games of the CWS were perfect. Boone wasn't called upon nearly as much as most would have expected, but definitely did his part. Ditto Buck Cody. Buck did provide some very valuable relief against Ole Miss. Kainer provided some good at bats and crushed HR.

To the others, live Clayton Stewart and Van Hook and Beamon - your efforts helped get us here, no question. Despite not being called upon in the CWS, you guys meant a ton to us. Jordan Street - be ready next year. Your role was helpful experience for more preparation to next year's more significant role. Dooley - good seing you get to participate in the celebration...wish we could have seen you in field, but congrats to a great career at Texas.

AUGIE - you da man! Whatever you touch turns to gold. You truly are da man!

8. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

Congratulations to the team on this one. Nearly Cinderella like. After a tough conference schedule, losing essential players, coming through the losers bracket in our own regional, facing 5 freakin' elimination games, this is a special finish.
    They couldn't have been more dominant and machine like in the CWS. Pitching was so damn good, defense was relentless, hitting was very good. This was a very special Championship. No matter what happens as our players move on, they'll never be able to take this one away.

Congratulations.

Get well Gus. This should help.

9. QT4UT

QT4UT < 25 Posts

Wow, that was fun to watch.

[​IMG]

10. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

be-yew-TEE-full!!!

12. Mr. Peppermint

Mr. Peppermint < 25 Posts

Congrats to the University of TEXAS baseball team!!!!

Way to go Longhorns!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

Nothing like going into work on a Monday wearing a burnt orange Texas polo & flashing the hook 'em back & forth to co-workers.

Congratulations to the 2005 Longhorn baseball team! [​IMG]

14. 7 Iron

7 Iron 500+ Posts

15. BrntOrngBld

BrntOrngBld 25+ Posts

What a great season. What a great series. What a GREAT team! Thanks for being the best!!

[​IMG]

16. Tejana

Tejana First Time Poster

2005 - my happiest year as a Longhorn...

Rose Bowl Champs
    Graduating from the greatest university in the world
    Baseball National Champs

I can't wait to see the team and the tower tonight! Thanks to everyone who posted to game threads and all else here on Hornfans who made this season such a great one.

Love ya Horns!

17. Fat Stink

Fat Stink < 25 Posts

18. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Fantastic, awesome, unbelieveable performance guys!

You sure made it great to be a Longhorn all over again!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. jkhombre

jkhombre 25+ Posts

nice work boys - you clearly kicked major, major ***

what a great year so far

20. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Way to go Texas...[​IMG][​IMG]

You know for some reason, after the first series... I wasn't even really worried. It just seemed like they were going to win this thing..

This is very sweet indeed.

21. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Awesome display of Omaha-ownin' Longhorn baseball at its finest. Four years of coming in first, third, second and first in the nation-that is greatness!

22. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

It's all about Omaha. We get so wrapped up in the small things that we tend to lose sight of the big picture - succeeding in Omaha. Augie knows what he is doing. He was getting us ready all season long for a run at the national title, and it paid off.

Way to go, men.

23. Hornswaggled

Hornswaggled Guest

24. longhorns93

longhorns93 < 25 Posts

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Great Series!

Way to go Horns! [​IMG]

25. ACE

ACE 100+ Posts

WE'RE TEXAS

26. Touchdown_Texas

Touchdown_Texas 500+ Posts

Congrats to Augie & The 2005 Texas Baseball Team for bringing home the National Championship...Again!!! I don't know that anyone has come in unseeded and swept the whole thing, but of course we are not everyone. [​IMG] Thanks Augie, Team, and Horn fans for an incredible season...Let's Light The Tower!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

27. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

Congrats to the team and staff; Awesome CWS! Easily as dominating a performance in that venue as there ever was!

Also, thanks to the posters on the game threads. I followed along as much as I could and enjoyed the commentary as I watched almost all of the games alone.

In the words of Alternate Universe Cartman: "I love you guys!"

[​IMG]

...but OU still sucks!

28. hookembarber

hookembarber 25+ Posts

Way to go Horns!!! I bet we do it again next year also.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

29. SouthernSooner

SouthernSooner 100+ Posts

Congratulations Horns! I watched a great deal of the game yesterday and was cheering for you from the on-set of the CWS. Light that tower up (just not in January...:) ).