2005 National Champions!

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by stockjock, Jun 26, 2005.

1. iiiisofTX

iiiisofTX 25+ Posts

[​IMG]Way to go Horns![​IMG]

2. Samhain

Samhain < 25 Posts

We were the first 5-0 team right?

Rice lost to Stanford in the championship series
    Fullerton lost to South Carolina getting out of their bracket

4-0 2-2 3-2 5-0
    Totals: 14-4

Not a bad 4 year run that is a better run than most the other big 12 schools have in their entire programs history.

3. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Yeah, baby! [​IMG]

4. longhorntrudie

longhorntrudie 25+ Posts

Congratulations to a super bunch of young men who stayed focused and believed in themselves and brought such fun and a few cases of nerves to a huge following of devoted fans. Thanks to each of you for your contribution to a spectacular season!

5. BurntOrange03

BurntOrange03 100+ Posts

6. 300zx

300zx 2007 March Madness Sweepstakes Champion

Congratulations guys!!!! 2005 BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Congrats on an incredible accomplishment.

8. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

Just walked in the door from Omaha and came straight to HF!

Congrats on an unbelievable run to the Championship and a great season, guys! I'm so proud to be a Longhorn!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. TenaciousTgarden

TenaciousTgarden 250+ Posts

SA Horn - bet you had the best time ever.
    I finally got high speed internet at the hotel here, and got to listen to Craig Way for both games - amazing. I admit I may have shed a tear or two. I can't believe I wasn't there, I can't believe I didn't get to go to the welcome back ceremony, but I am so glad I have had a part in this entire magical season.
    HOOKEM [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. NEwherebutA&M

NEwherebutA&M 100+ Posts

What a trip!!! Way to go Horns!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I think this national championship means more to me than any other because I was able to see most of the games this year. I went to Tucson, Lincoln, Stillwater, College Station and Oxford, and I really do feel this this is MY team.

When the selection committee put the Horns on the road for the Supers, it really did us a favor. It brought out a competitive fire this team hadn't really showed. We didn't play like champions in many of our games this year, but the NCAA gave the Longhorns a wake-up call, and they responded.

Thanks, guys, for giving us fans a dream season. Good luck to those of you who are pursuing your dream of professional baseball; good luck to those of you who are playing summer ball in the collegiate leagues; and congratulations to the players, coaches, support staff and fans who have made this season so special to me.

And a special word to the PARENTS:

Thank you for entrusting your sons to The University of Texas. I know many of you personally and it is clear to see why our players are such good guys: they've had remarkable role models. Thank you so much for sharing your boys with us, even for a little while.

[​IMG]The University of Texas Baseball Team: National Champions, 2005[​IMG]

12. Stylistics

Stylistics < 25 Posts

Great Job Horns!![​IMG] Number 7 in 2006.[​IMG]

13. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Domination. For Generations.

or

Generations of Domination.

my choice would be the the second one, as it is what i had painted on the back window of my car when we beat the ags in hooterville 16-6 to win the final swc football title. of course i did add the score to it after the game. btw, they are not a good humored bunch over there! [​IMG]

14. nycLonghorn

nycLonghorn Guest

Havn't posted in a while, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Great job team, congratulations!!! It was incredible to watch, although my wife wasn't too happy that we were watching baseball on our first anniversary.

15. Hornboi

Hornboi < 25 Posts

Thank you for bringing a championship back to the Forty Acres. [​IMG]

16. HornStar

HornStar 100+ Posts

Congrats to everyone involved in the program - this team was amazing. Thank you for the wonderful ride. From the cold wind of the alumni game, thru the rainout Saturday when Tech was here, winning the regional and the super the hard way, and then the flawless run in Omaha, it has been a treat to watch this team. Best wishes to everyone moving on; I'm sure you will find success. And for those returning, I can't wait for the start of the 2006 season!

[​IMG] 1949 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 1950 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 1975 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 1983 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 2002 [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 2005 [​IMG]

17. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

18. swei

swei < 25 Posts

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Proud of you guys!!! Congrats again!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Beautiful performance on the big stage in Omaha. Thanks for making my trip up to Neb. memorable. [​IMG]

20. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

way to go Horns. this team kicked it into a whole new level when the stage was Omaha and when we were on the brink of elimination against arkansas, miami oh, and ole miss. awesome to watch and let's do it again next year.

21. Hays TX Horn

Hays TX Horn First Time Poster

I've been reading this messageboard since early January of this year, reading everythign that has been posted around the boards, but this NC has left me with a desire to join the horns board community. As my first post, I'd like to thank for 2005 Horns baseball team for a glorious season, and for giving me something to do. Great season horns, party it up, you deserve it! 2005 Champs!

22. DFW_Bevo

DFW_Bevo < 25 Posts

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Congrats to the 2005 National Champions!!!!

23. RRTX

RRTX < 25 Posts

Congrats for the 6th National Title. I've been following this team since the early 80s and it's always fun to watch the Horns at the CWS, especially when they win it all. Hook 'em.[​IMG]

24. joey

joey < 25 Posts

Kickin *** and takin names, how sweeet it is.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

25. PunkRockinHorn

PunkRockinHorn 100+ Posts

why have i not gotten in on this until now??

thank you Texas Baseball for a wonderful season, great memories, and badass baseball.

Hook'em

26. showme horn

showme horn First Time Poster

perfect opportunity to jump on board

Congratulations to THE class program of college baseball. It was a pleasure to watch the clinic you guys put on.

27. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

It's around 4:00AM and the Texas Longhorns are still the College Baseball Champs while [​IMG]U still sucks

28. slappinleather

slappinleather 100+ Posts

29. Phil Hellmuth

Phil Hellmuth 100+ Posts

Way to make Augie's Alkies proud boys! Can't wait for us to get crushed in the championship by an SEC team in 2006.

30. hookembarber

hookembarber 25+ Posts