2005 National Champions

Discussion in 'Classics' started by TexasOwnzYou, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Woo-Woo and all else:
    What a great experience. And the best thing about it: THEY CAN'T TAKE IT AWAY FROM US, AND THERE IS NO
    DISPUTE. WE ARE NO. 1.

Hook'em!!![​IMG]

2. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

i just cried again reading the 4th Q thread today.

3. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

4. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Vince Young was awesome in both of his Rose Bowls. Be interesting to see how UT would have done without Vince Young as their qb? No way UT beats Michigan or USC without Mr. Young. We will never see a qb like him again. [​IMG]

5. Orangeblood90

Orangeblood90 250+ Posts

Thank you coaching staff and the 2005 team for putting Texas football at the top of the mountain again![​IMG]

6. SilverBuckle

SilverBuckle < 25 Posts

Without Vince we don't win....hells bells ...without Lyndell White we kick the **** out of USC, so stop that **** about us being a one man team. I hope these guys wearing the burnt orange read this crap and come out and show the country we win as a TEAM.[​IMG]

7. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

Just had to put my 2 cents woth in on this even though it has ben 3 months since the game. What a great day for all Horn fans and the state of Texas. I hav enever been prouder of my University and state than I was on Jan 4th. It all starts with Mack and ends with the success of the great calibre of players that he recruits. Hookem Horns and God bless you all.

8. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

It's been 3 1/2 months and everyday I find myself being thankful to be a Longhorn. I watch the game occasionally and still can't believe I was there. What a team, what a season and what a game!! The National Championship is back where it belongs!!!!!! In Aauuuuustin Texas, baby!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. bobtheking

bobtheking 100+ Posts

10. longhorn1022

longhorn1022 < 25 Posts

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.....OF THE WORLD![​IMG][​IMG]:[​IMG]
    Thank you for bringing the championship were it truly belongs, The State of Texas, Home of the Texas Longhorns!

11. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

Snakes on a muthafuckin' MNC!

12. Horneius_Maximus

Horneius_Maximus 250+ Posts

National Champions *******

13. RB Horn

RB Horn < 25 Posts

I smile everyday, and if someone from another school makes a comment...I just smile bigger...can't help it. Nobody can argue the MNC, nobody can belittle it, nobody can take it away.

I smile wondering who will be the next great Texas QB to win a National Championship. They will be the next legend. How Awesome will it be to see our QB dissecting the game, our line blocking, running backs breaking it off, and receivers making plays? Kickers scoring and pinning the other team back...AND Longhorn D just smothering and pounding the opposition...dominating.

Ahhh, can't wait for the next one, and will ALWAYS savor this one...b/c I got to be there! They are all great!

14. bub

bub 100+ Posts

Rewatching now. I bought 3 copies for insurance.

Will never ever get old.

Hi guys. Good to see ya'll again. yag si op.

15. texanskan

texanskan 25+ Posts

I have been to two rose bowl's and each time I heard the eyes of Texas!

16. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, well you would have heard the Eyes win or lose. It's just a lot louder when we win.

17. IAmYourKidsDad

IAmYourKidsDad < 25 Posts

I never attended The University Of Texas, but I was born in and grew up in Austin. I guess I inherited my allegience from my father who never attended either, but who was always a fan.
    I'm 43 now so the childhood memories are vague but I do have faint recollections of the arkansas game in '69 and my fathers childlike glee after the victory.
    Even with the faded memories of the past championships, hope for another title renewed itself each fall.
    I remember the waning years of the Royal era, the two seasons with Akers that fell just short of the goal. The ups and downs of the McWilliams and Mackovic years.
    Finally, after the hiring of Coach Brown I got the feeling that our fortunes were at last going to change.
    I marvelled at the positive attitude, the recruiting, the outreach to Coach Royal, the alums, and the fans.
    There was just something different in the air. I knew there still weren't any conference titles, still some losses by larger margins than I would have liked, but still knowing things were going to change.
    I remember at the end of last season, the talk pointing to this year starting.
    I listened to the local commentators say that it was at last our year to beat o.u. again, if we could just get by ohio state and o.u. ....... I didn't want to think about it, couldn't get my hopes up... knowing that even if we did do what we needed to do that the U.S.C. juggernaut loomed large.
    The team being called the greatest in history, the team with the two heisman winners, the two time defending national champs. I didn't want to let myself think about it.
    I felt terrible for not having the faith, but remembered all the close calls of seasons past and couldn't quite let myself believe it was possible.
    Even as the season got underway I remembered thinking.. Cedric is gone, Derrick is gone, how are we going to replace those guys? Our recievers are so young.
    We have had soooo much talent in the past, I thought we were a little bit down this year compared to some recent squads.
    Boy was I in for a surprise.
    At last the season was underway with the easy victory we knew it would be.
    Then ohio state, at night, in the shoe... the great catch by limas to seal a tough, close game.
    The first hurdle over with and we were not really tested again the rest of the way.
    We were finally going to play for the national title again after 35 long years.
    The day of the game was finally here and I was thinking well no one really gives gives us a chance. I still couldn't let myself think that we could actually win, assuming that would make the loss easier to swallow.
    I decided not to have a crowd over, just my best friend who also lives and dies with the Horns.
    The game had started and it was staying close, and we had the lead at halftime.
    I thought well we showed up, and even if we lose we gave them a better fight than most had imagined.
    The fourth quarter came and jarrett caught the pass to put U.S.C. up by 12. Griffin and Brown were laying on the field, my heart sank and my stomach was in knots.
    Any remaining hope I had for victory was long gone. I knew we could score again. But how were we going to stop them?
    White was gutting us the entire second half. How were we going to stop them? We HAD to stop them.
    We did score again. The faintest glimmer of hope returns. We HAVE to stop them. We did it once I remembered, but we hadn't stopped Lendale this half.
    Fourth and two....we HAVE to stop them. Fouts yells.. he didnt get it!!! We STOPPED them!!!! Hope has fully returned and i'm giddy but still can't let myself believe it can happen.
    We take over posession and Vince drives us downfield. Fourth and five.. Keith Jackson yells.. he's gonna run it!!!
    Vince Young scores!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't yell or scream, the sound that I produced was just a kind of gutteral groan that I had never made before.
    We make the two point conversion and there are 19 seconds left. It's still not time to celebrate. That is a lot of time for that offense. Bush almost breaks it. Eight seconds left, Leinart throws incomplete!!! It's over!!!! I look at my buddy and and just smile.
    I'm so happy for the team, but I think i'm happiest for Mack. To be able to exorcise all your demons in one year has got to be one great feeling. Watching him walk across the field after the clock ticked zero was the picture of class.
    We won. Mack had the monkey off his back, and I finally felt the same joy my father did in 1969.

18. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

Honored to be post 200 on this thread. Can't wait for the first game when they call out the reigning national champs. No one can ever take it away. Everywhere I go, whether I'm talking to longhorns or sports fans, most agree it was simply the greatest college football game played in years, if not ever. [​IMG]

19. thanner

thanner < 25 Posts

The only down side of attending the Rose Bowl is knowing I will never witness a sporting event that can top it. I'm not bitching because I still have a constant grin on my face, but I have resigned myself to the fact that everything after VY is anticlimatic.[​IMG]

20. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

Texas will get better, Championships will get better, and QBs will get better. Thanks to the Rose Bowl, there is a new standard for greatness. I can't wait until I say, "that was better than the 05 rose bowl!" When that happens, Its time to throw in the towel and head to the pearly white gates, because it can't get any better. [​IMG][​IMG]

21. homer

homer 500+ Posts

22. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

23. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

I am not anti climaxes

24. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

Somehow I never posted on this thread. So I will now.

******* THIS FEELS GREAT. That night in Pasadena, on cloud nine with the Hornfans, will never be forgotten.

25. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

Thank God for the DVD..I can relive the Dream...Over and Over[​IMG]

26. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Just watched the Rose Bowl DVD with my son last night - still get chills on the 4th down stop of White and the ensuing National Championship TD drive...That was fun! Let's do it again next season!

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG]

27. Zone Read

Zone Read 100+ Posts

My only regret is that I couldn't see Vince's final touchdown from where I was sitting in section 11, I had to watch it on the jumbotron over my left shoulder.

I felt my breath leave me when Vince strolled into the endzone. From the moment 21 years ago as a UT sophomore when I sat in the Cotton Bowl and watched our National Championship hopes dashed by a late fumble, to the moment in the Rose Bowl when the clock read triple zero, man what a long trip its been. I swear I could feel our side of the Rose Bowl raise about a foot off the ground.

In my entire life, I've never been around so many thousands of people going crazy at the same time. If I could have bottled that feeling, it would be the greatest anti-depressant ever sold.

28. calico

calico 100+ Posts

I think this NC will open the flood gates for Texas now. Mack finally has the pressure off of him and he can cherry pick the recruits even more so than he did before.

I think Texas will be a NC contender now for at least the next 5-7 years with another appearance in the game....just like OU after theirs in 2000...but I think we will do better than them when we get the chance and not just quit.

to be honest, the NC has not sunk in yet for me. I still get chills every now and then when I remember and watch games from the season...it won't sink in for me until the season starts and there is no VY, but we get the title of defending champs.

What pissses me off is that we are being disrespected now. Everyone outside of Texas fans give all the credit to VY and none to the coaches and team.

Suddenly, texas will be overrated and will return to being OU's *****...nevermind that the weak assistants and players who were intimidated by OU are no longer around. This texas team was not intimidated by OU the last 2 times we played and that was obvious.

29. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

30. joesmUT

joesmUT < 25 Posts