2005 National Champions

Discussion in 'Classics' started by TexasOwnzYou, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

2. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

I just watched the 4th quarter and read along the 4th quarter thread on Classics at the same time. Damn, some people on here nearly died. The game was that friggin allsome.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

Yes, it is still amazing!

And I still feel like a champion despite the Spurs being out of the NBA playoffs.

4. Sooner Cynic

Sooner Cynic 100+ Posts

Hey - congrats on the NC. f**k "M"NC, any outright championship is a NC in my opinion.
    Y'all represented the Big 12, well, like a champ.

Due to discovering the 3:16 board, I've been off the football board for a few years [​IMG]

Just wanted to say congrats on an impressive, decisive, outright championship. Way to go Longhorns.

5. TX10sfan

TX10sfan 100+ Posts

Still can't believe we won.

6. YourBrainOnDrugs

YourBrainOnDrugs < 25 Posts

7. Boudreaux T

Boudreaux T < 25 Posts

National Championship Thread?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GIGEMWHOOPHOWDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Bourdreaux T - your post is worthless & weak. Riddle me this BT: When did Texas agricultural & mechanical win it's last NC in football?

10. TJKDone

TJKDone < 25 Posts

We rock!

Great times.

Hook'em

[​IMG]

11. ophorn23

ophorn23 100+ Posts

12. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

13. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

What a story. Basically the four best teams were UT, USC, tOSU, and ND. UT beats tOSU in an absolute classic, down to the finish, and with VY throwing the amazing pass (among so many other things) in Columbus. Then, USC beats ND in another classic, down to the last play, etc. Ohio State beats the domers in the consolation championship game, setting up the most hyped game ever, which then exceeded the hype and again, went down to the final seconds. We will never, ever forget those plays, those players, or the feeling of winning the biggest game ever. Hats off to USC for providing the best backdrop for our fantasy that could be imagined, and congratulations to the Texas Longhorns, college football's NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

14. yourlordarileus

yourlordarileus 250+ Posts

15. BCLIFF 56

BCLIFF 56 < 25 Posts

This is a little late: To I am Your Kids Dad

In your comment about the Rose Bowl-Damn I'm glad to know that someone else had the very same feelings I had THE WHOLE GAME and the aftermath!!!!!
    I am 71 yo, an ex LHB member, class of '56 (when we won one (1) game by one (1) point. Then Saint Darrell came and everyone knows the rest.
    I believe we did play for the NC in '90 but finished much lower when Russell Maryland et. al. trashed and bashed us.

16. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

17. Boudreaux T

Boudreaux T < 25 Posts

18. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

19. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

The best he could do was find a pic of Cedric getting tackled? wow, he's not even with the team nor was he durring the NC game.....

it would be like this one.....it old , yet funny.

[​IMG]

I just watched "Live the Dream" recently and loaned our Rose Bowl NC game to some friends, he's an aggy she's a Longhorn that was at the game. we have watched the final 6 mins many times. Awesome stuff and I am still excited thinking about it....[​IMG]

20. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

watching the rose bowl right now.

21. Wahorn

Wahorn < 25 Posts

Still hasn't worn off yet...recruits are chomping a the bit to get in this class!

22. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

23. SilverBuckle

SilverBuckle < 25 Posts

In the middle of watching the Kansas *** kicking of '05.

24. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

excellent

25. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

Troll or not, I'd prefer if Boudreaux wouldn't mangle our margins with his silly fish pix.

26. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

27. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

Happy National Championship Day! [​IMG]

(that's everyday until the season starts!) [​IMG]

Hook 'em!

28. Skip

Skip 25+ Posts

Sitting here in mid-summer Houston heat remembering those final 6:42 in Pasadena, CA. I like the comment about there being a 35 year eruption when the game was over. I will never forget the crowd singing the Eyes of Texas and then "We Are The Champions". What an awesome experience. I saw the first three on TV but being in the Rose Bowl for this one was an experience that still brings chills to my spine and tears in my eyes. I will never forget it.

The best part is being able to enjoy it for 9 months with no distractions and being able to always go back and pop a DVD in and relive it again. The only negative is what I heard at the end of a radio ad here in Houston, "What were the Texans thinking!!"

29. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

time to watch the Rose Bowl. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

30. elguapo

elguapo 250+ Posts

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I had to get on this thread.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]