2006 golf course thread

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by grinder, Apr 19, 2006.

1. chitwood

chitwood 250+ Posts

Played Avery today for the first time. Nice course, really like it. In pretty good shape, they just punched the fairways, so they are a little rough and the greens were a little slow, but not bad at all.

2. jrotten

jrotten 25+ Posts

Played Teravista 9/15. Course was in great shape. I would have liked the greens a bit faster, but they putted true.

3. ninerhorn

ninerhorn 100+ Posts

played Colovista yesterday. Overall the course was in pretty good shape. Windy as hell. Still cannot understand why it is always incredibly wet.

would recommend it.

[​IMG]

4. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

Played Delaware Springs today, was perfect weather but some tough wind to contend with at times. Greens didn't hold much of anything, had several 9's and wedges bounce off for no reason but it seemed to hold better on the back 9. All in all it was great fun, but a bit too far to play on a regular basis.

5. Punt on 1st Down

Punt on 1st Down 100+ Posts

6. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

7. Punt on 1st Down

Punt on 1st Down 100+ Posts

8. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

anyone up for some golf on Thur morning?

9. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

How crowded is it at Star Ranch on average? The prices seem great, its just a matter of getting my *** to drive to Hutto rather than down the street to Riverside. From what I hear it sounds great.

10. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

Got a quick question for those who have played Mo Willy recently. I have never played and my friend either wants to play there or at Clay this Friday. Ive played Clay more than I can remember and am a bit tired of it and want to try something new. How is the morris williams as far as fun, and is it in good shape? I don't want to end up paying for a round and have it be 18 holes of Hancock type conditions. Worth playing over Clay? Thanks

11. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

I'm a muni guy, but I'll say, #7 at shadow glen is the most difficult ******* hole I've ever played. Either give up at the tee box and lay up under 170 yards or get your *** kicked. Who the f**k puts rolling hills in the damn fairway????

As for munis, I like the #10 at Jimmy Clay the best, the elevated green is niiiiiiice!