2011 Post/Forward Recruiting List

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by EJC+1, Jul 25, 2010.

1. 3ball

3ball 250+ Posts

Yes, I was, but I wasn't refering to that comment. You said something earlier about limited talent and compared him to the Wear twins.

This comment is interesting as well though. Do you mean perimeter as in a SF, or perimeter like a PF that is used as a pick and pop guy? If you mean like a SF, then I don't see that with his lack of quickness, and if you meant as a PF/pick and pop guy, that will be from day one. He will not be a post.

He is a 4 year PF, like a less athletic Kyle Singler. I'll take that anyday over a great athlete that doesn't have skills

2. skymonkeyhorn

skymonkeyhorn 100+ Posts

Agree with your post he is not a true center/post. More of a

3. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

I think he's a pick and pop guy like the Wear twins are. They are too small, unskilled, and not aggressive enough in the post and too slow and lacking in handling ability for the perimeter. It's a position that works the best in college basketball and almost never translates to the NBA.

I don't believe Wiltjer has the same level of talent or perimeter abilities as Singler...or anywhere remotely close. He seems like the traditional collegiate 4 nowadays: 6'7"-ish, tweener, decent shooter, spends much of the time on the perimeter, doesn't rebound much or have many post skills.

4. skymonkeyhorn

skymonkeyhorn 100+ Posts

Wiltjer is closer to 6'9" then 6'7'' but skinny and needs to get stronger.
    The kid uses both hands for baby hooks and put backs, drives to the foul line and has a consistant J from mid-range, may need to elevate his shot a little more.
    This kid knows how to score in the paint but cannot hold his position so he is very quick getting his shot away and over his defender. Good BB IQ, and he will get stronger with some time in the weight room.
    He can catch and pop and drive and pop. He has lots of skills with a good upside. He gets up and down the court well. I would take him for UT in a heart beat.

5. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

I actually managed to dig up a smidgin of Moussa Gueye playing basketball on video. Here's a long interview with his coach at Lake Land College. A separate interview with Gueye starts at the 12:00 mark.

Of most interest, however, is the footage during the intro. Gueye is #4 seen running the floor, blocking shots, and making the move across the lane and the pass underneath right before going to the host.
    The Link

The guy looks very fit and very active.

6. musubi

musubi 100+ Posts

Wiltjer has committed to Kentucky. That makes Marquis Teague, Michael Gilchrist, Anthony Davis, and now Wiltjer. Is Deandre Daniels really considering Kentucky still? With the possibility that Kentucky could also have Terrance Jones and/or Enes Kanter remain for their sophomore years...that's not a whole lot of PT/shots to go around...especially in the frontcourt. C'mon, Deandre...we'll welcome you back.

7. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

I don't see Kanter sticking around for a second year, but Jones is possible. They also have Vargas to play in the middle, are trying to get Behanan or Miller or Nash, so yeah, there's a pack of guys there for 2011. Calipari has even been reported to have told Daniels he had to come this year or there wouldn't be room.
    The Link

8. musubi

musubi 100+ Posts

So let's play out this Daniels recruiting scenario. If Calipari has told him 2010 or no scholarship, then I assume UK is no longer in play? Because I read that Deandre will be playing for IMG Academy this year. I assume that declaring for the Draft is a possibility, but if he's still thinking of college, who's still in play? Is Texas still possible, like a Jerryd Bayless recommitting to Arizona kind of way?