2012 Spring Volleyball Schedule

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 10SNE1?, Feb 17, 2012.

1. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

What's scheduled for the Spring for the volleyball team:

3/31 F.A.S.T. Collegiate Invitational Houston, TX

4/21 LSC Showcase Dallas, TX

I just might have to attend the event in Dallas!

2. UTVballfan

UTVballfan 100+ Posts

Thanks for posting this.

What teams will they be playing. do you know?

3. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

You're welcome!

See the pdf file for the teams scheduled to play in Houston.

The Link

I don't know the details for the Dallas event.

4. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Looks like they added another match

4/14
    vs Texas State
    In Austin

5. KevinC

KevinC 100+ Posts

Anybody have any news on how Khat's rehab is coming?

6. texasdpt

texasdpt 100+ Posts

This should give you an idea of where she is at... [​IMG]

KATHERINE BELL @KhatBell 8 Feb

Just left the doctors office and I've been cleared to run!!!

KATHERINE BELL @KhatBell 20 Feb

Ran on the track today and did some big skips!! The vertical is still there

* And here's one more from today:

KATHERINE BELL @KhatBell 28 Feb

@*************** really dood started some minor agility stuff today!

7. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Wow, that is such great news. And unexpected! It's been a while, so I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't she suffer two injuries at once? So often these injuries take a while to heal so this seems like a really fast recovery. It's amazing to hear she's already running and jumping. Can't wait for the Fall; something tells me this is going to be THE year for our VB program!

8. texasdpt

texasdpt 100+ Posts

She suffered a torn ACL, MCL, and meniscus in her left knee and had surgery in mid-December. So if she continues rehabbing at her current pace, we should see her back in the line-up this fall.

This 2012 team will be loaded with talent and have depth at every position. They should make a run back to the Final Four if everyone stays healthy!

9. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

It is fantastic she's cleared to run this soon. I was encouraged when I saw her in January at a women's basketball game walking without crutches. I had ACL tear and meniscus damage and I was just getting off crutches at 6 weeks past surgery.

10. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

The Link
    Schedule for this Saturday's matches at Reliant Center.

11. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Recap from Houston.
    The Link

Nice to see some OH's working on their back row play.

12. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

13. s102r18

s102r18 250+ Posts

There was no 7pm match against UTSA, but Texas and Texas State played a four-game match...apparently pre-arranged as such in the event five games were not needed. (Texas led 3-0 when the fourth game started.)

Injuries continue to plague the squad, as H.Eck wore sweat pants throughout the evening, did not play in the match, and seemed to walk with a hitch in her gait. Ashley Bannister, Brissa Ochoa, and (of course) Khat Bell were in full sweats and also did not play.

That left only Madelyn, Hannah, Sha'Dare, Sarah, Haley C., Bailey, and the new lady in black (#22) available for action. Did Amy Neal enroll early? I thought I heard some calls of "Amy" coming from the floor, so I presumed all along she was the one wearing #22.

If you are counting, the list above means everyone played six rotations except the two MBs and the Libero.

Texas struggled in Game 1, but ultimately prevailed 25-23.

Slowly building and rapidly surrendering leads that approached two digits became a common theme for Texas in the next two games, which the 'Horns eventually managed to hold on to win, 25-21 and 25-19. With the match victory assured, Texas cruised to an easy and dominating 25-13 win in game #4.

[​IMG]

14. OrangeForLife

OrangeForLife 250+ Posts

15. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

The player wearing #22 is Megan Futch, a transfer libero.
    The Link

Welcome Megan! [​IMG]

16. jett9usa

jett9usa < 25 Posts

Attended the match on Friday. Webster was in All American form. She is looking more and more like Hooker every time I see her play. Great work from the back row. Sha'Dare is the most underrated player in America. Palmer was very impressive. She would be a star anywhere else, but is a valuable piece of this team. Hutson was solid in the middle as was Cameron. Allison may be the best setter in the country. Futch, the transfer libero looked very solid. Will she get to play this year? She comes from a DIII school. A mass of talent was on the sideline. Eckerman, Bell, Bannister and Ochoa did not play.

17. s102r18

s102r18 250+ Posts

18. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Dallas Trip Cancelled!

I was so looking forward to this too. Dang.
    The Link

19. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

The Link

Texas cancels trip to LSC in Dallas.

20. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

21. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

With TCU in the Big XII at least we get one match a year in DFW!!!!! [​IMG]

22. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Palmer stepped in at libero when Yogi was injured last year. I'm curious about Futch. She played for Dowling in 2009 and 2010, taking them to the DII sNCAA emifianals in 2010. She wasn't on the roster in 2011 and now is at Texas as a junior in 2012.

Wonder if she was injured in 2011?

23. s102r18

s102r18 250+ Posts

The Dowling coach resigned in June 2011. The team picture for the '11 season has a different #15, so I don't think Megan sat out with an injury. It appears she may have worked as a high school coach back in CA: Campbell Hall VB - Megan Futch. Campbell Hall is a school she played against while in HS at West Ranch.

[​IMG]