2015 Prospect Erin DeGrate

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by hoopsalot, Mar 24, 2014.

1. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I am surprised but I have not seen this information posted here. Prospectsnation reported that 6-5 Erin DeGrate of Waco Texas has added Texas to what is now a final list of nine. The Link

Recruiting is going so ridiculously well that I am merely interested. I have no idea who Karen wants most of the players she is said to be recruiting for 2015. I trust that she is going to bring in players who can help the team.

2. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

That's a platinum article, so I couldn't read it. But, if she has "recently" added us to her list, that could mean the staff just recently offered her a scholarship due to a decommitment or two from the 2015 verbal commitments, or some upcoming roster attrition.

Seems like Jordan Moore and DeGrate are the post players being targeted for 2015, as Ashley Hearn doesn't have Texas on her final list of 9 schools. And, doesn't seem like Justis is committed any longer.

Getting DeGrate could put is in great position for her teammate, 2016 PG Calveion Landrum.

Regardless, this coaching staff never stops working hard with their recruiting, which is what you have to do to build and maintain relationships with recruits and high school / JUCO coaches.

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Recent update from Louisville:

The Link

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

looks like Coach Walz made a heck of an impression on her. I hope she continues to look at us as well.

6. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Link

Looks like Texas isn't a finalist for DeGrate.

7. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Candy Whittaker and staff at Tech sure working hard on the recruiting trail.

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks for the link, UTEXinPDX. The pool of 2015 posts that are uncommitted is getting smaller. While it would be nice to get a post for 2015, I think we really need to get one in 2016 (hoping for at least two ofLauren Cox, Joyner Holmes and Nancy Mulkey).