2016 Commitment Week Open Thread (Feb 1 - ?)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

This is it - down to the wire.

Haven't heard of any Monday or Tuesday announcements, so it appears all the magic will happen on Wednesday.

Looks like we're all going to be exhausted by Thursday morning. But, that should be a good thing. ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

Gods, U Da One. [[ and jaya -- but he is a short-timer now who does not go to work until after Jan 20 in the Strong regime ]]

While we are waiting in the eye of the storm at this time, I wanted to thank you a lot for all the hard work that you have put into this recruiting log .... It has made a big difference in how quickly I can jump to a topic and update the news as to what is going on.

Someone said that they would buy you a beer. I will up that ante to a 6-pak. Just tell me what you like and when/where to go. You are a true Longhorn with some mighty long horns. According to your first post, I finally got a chance to see what you look like.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Ditto! @Godz40acres contributions here are legendary.

Here’s to a historically awesome week in Texas Longhorn Football Recruiting and the path to a National Title. :hookem:

• Like Like x 5
  4. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I second the first part! Work commitments was keeping me away, but I saw that Godz was doing so much more than what I could've ever done in the recruiting threads, every time I came in. Always up-to-date. You da one, indeed, Godz (and JoeFan too).

What beer? Come to California and we'll give you all some nice Napa wine... Maybe even tea, which is afterall what we are supposed to sip, as per aggy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

I'm more of a tea-chugger, big old glass of Texas sweet tea. I can't sip that.

Thanks to @Godz40acres for all the fine work here. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  6. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

That is not the kind of tea that is sipped. It is the hot tea that is served in cups/saucer, in classic British tea-time style. Made with powdered leaves imported straight from the rolling hills of Darjeeling, India, with milk added and steaming. To be consumed while you also take in a smoke (pipes preferred) in style. That is the picture that comes to my mind, whenever aggy says teasip. I could organize that for Godz!

[Btw, being an Injun, I actually drink that stuff :)].

• Like Like x 1
  7. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I am looking forward to the end of the week when I can go to bed with visions of sugar plums dancing instead of hudls. When the first thing I do in the morning is drink a cup of coffee instead of running to the computer and looking at the recruiting board and lastly I will be able to cut my dose of Xanax in half.

Oh and Godz, for the next couple of days, just make stuff up if you have to just to give us more to read.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

J, maybe another dozen fresh oysters will help do the trick. :smile1:

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Godz ---You da man!! Thank for all the great up-to-date info!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Thank you all very much for your kind words above. It's been fun while keeping me outta trouble. And thanks to all those who have contributed so much as well! I told @Dionysus awhile back that I wouldn't be doing the 2017 cycle other than just participating irregularly.

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

So... speaking of recruiting... if anyone is interested in the 2017 gig here just ping me. The pay sucks but internet fame is pretty much assured.

Maybe @jayakris will abandon the ivory tower and dive in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Where is the unlike button?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

14. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Another scholly just became available. OB reports that Jermaine Roberts is transferring to Sam Houston.

15. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

New recruitment video - crank it up!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

On the home page now too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

:hookem::bevo::texasflag: Great work you guys!! Thanks!

18. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Thought he was an OU lock...?

• Like Like x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

NSD is going to be insane. We are picking up 6 DT's?

21. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

This has become the big question now, as we have Marcel Southall, Chris Daniels, Stephon Taylor, DCG and Jordan Elliott alll trending to us. The only exception may be Taylor who is being courted heavily by S.Car (Muschamp) and may be wavering a bit, though he looked all ours just 2 days ago. I am assuming that somebody among the 5 will blink and not pick us! As Southall and Daniels go first at 7:30, we can probably count them both in, as of now. We may still get 3 more at 12 noon.

I guess Elliott can be an DE, sort of... Otherwise, it could even be 6 DTs in the end, including current commit Wilbon,

22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I have him down as going to OU. Although, Strong (and other recruits and the younger guys) all have a way of convincing guys to come to Texas over other programs. So, anything is probable with the team involved.

• Like Like x 1
  23. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Its ok if we get too many DTs. One or two can always convert to OL and be an all pro in the NFL as an OG or OT.

24. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

For whatever it's worth, Jason Higdon, universally accepted as the only guy with a direct source from the coaching staff, has been reportedly saying that we have spots for all five DTs (though he counts at least one of them as a DE).

• Like Like x 2
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

But the bedwetters said we were whiffing on DT's.

26. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Well, coach BJM had two tweets a little while ago this hour, but both have been removed. Here are the two tweets:

"It's CHRISTMAS season in February ATX."
    "Now I know why I liked the show everybody hates CHRIS so much. CHRIS was always on defense!!!"

Not sure whom he is talking about. May be D'Andre Christmas-Giles and one of either Chris Brown or Chris Daniels... Who knows!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  27. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Don't forget... DT Rashan Gary is in the bag - I called it first!

• Like Like x 1
  28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

All three maybe. NSD gon be fun!

29. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Good one. What the heck, we're gettin errbody, after all!

30. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Crootin is fun :bounce1::bounce2: