2016 Commitment Week Open Thread (Feb 1 - ?)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Aucoin and Okafor have faxed their LOI's. It's official.

Reggie, too.

2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 4
  3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 3
  4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

The way things are going, my other friend just joined Mr. Giggles and me in the bunker - Mr. Jiggles.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

6. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I believe Jason Higdon's elite-8 is now 7 of 7 with McCulloch. Now Elliott remains.

7. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Don't forget my main man.......

8. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Have Godz main man and Elliot been kidnapped?????

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

i thought it was hilarious in Strong's press conference that he was talking about one of the recruits who took himself off one of Malik's twitter conversations, and when he checked on it, the recruit told Malik he was probably gonna switch to A&M. The whole twitter circle freaked out and had Charlie call the kid and he told him "nah, I'm just messing with them."

• Like Like x 3
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20 min aggy Doc on Brandon Jones -- On an Island

• Like Like x 1
  11. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

My guess is that if he had committed to A&M the documentary would have extended through signing day with scenes from the announcement ceremony and coach's office.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No doubt.
    They should have followed through all the way, either way. It's a good story and I like they way they put it together. But it's incomplete

13. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

That's weird, I didn't see a F-250 (or was it a F-650) that we supposedly bought for him ever driving it in the video. Oh wait, it's in a storage unit waiting on him to get on campus according to aggy. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Final Scout Team Ratings

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Max Olson summary -- pretty good
    http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/p...exas-pulled-off-its-stunning-signing-day-haul

"...... How they managed to get this 24-man class featuring 12 ESPN 300 recruits and turn a 5-7 season and no bowl game into a fireworks display on signing day takes a lot more than convincing kids to #believe.

Strong and his staff were strategically on point with this group in ways that weren’t always obvious over the course of 2015. By not pressing their targets for early commitments and not giving up on kids who did make those pledges, Texas coaches were able to build year-long relationships before cranking up the heat during in-home and official visits in the final month.

“I just try to tell them, ‘Hey, listen, I don’t need a commitment right now. You go ahead and visit wherever you want to. We’re still gonna be here. We’re still gonna recruit you hard,’” Strong said.

Top signing day gets Brandon Jones, Jeffrey McCulloch and Jordan Elliott all cited the family vibe they fell for at Texas and the admiration they developed over time for Strong. And when it came time for their official visits to Austin, Texas converted relationships into results.

But it wasn’t just coaches. If this wasn’t clear before, it’s obvious now: The youth movement going on inside Texas’ locker room helped yield this remarkable haul......"

• Like Like x 5