2017 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Statalyzer, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I don't watch much NBA, but these finals are really entertaining. Golden State offense is the best I have ever seen ... and the defense is terrific too.

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

At least the 10th time this playoffs I've seen a defender hit the backboard, rim, or net in a way that might have impacted the shot and the refs made no call.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

GS will get to close it out at home.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

Are they going to let Jefferson bear hug KD every time down the court again tonight?

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If GS doesn't win tonight my wife says this proves that the NBA purposely orders the officials to throw games in order to prolong the series in order to rake in more TV money.

7. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

KD gets no congratulations from me. Joined a 73 win team just to chase a title, and effectively ruining the NBA for the next few years. :angry:

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Yeah shame on a dude for maximizing his opportunities for success.

:rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The NBA was never really pure. The Rockets threw games to get high draft picks. The Lakers for a couple of decades used the rest of the NBA like farm teams. Miami and San Antonio welcomed players who took less than max salaries to potentially play for a title. I don't know if the NBA is ruined. I watched only four complete NBA games on television this year ... all during an enormously entertaining finals.

• Like Like x 1
  10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

From what I saw, GS would have lost again to the Cavs but for Durant being there. So, is the standard supposed to be that only LeBron gets to have the assembled team, so he gets to win every year?

So, did Durant have an overwhelming advantage over James? Is Curry really that much better than Irving? Is he better at all? Is Klay T that much better than K Love? Is Green that much better than Tristan? The talent was comparable on both teams.

So why is it great to have one assembled super team--headed by the best NBA player--but now basketball is ruined when we have two assembled super teams, with the second best player going after him?

I say full congrats to KD!

• Like Like x 3
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

NBA sucks, but not to ou's level.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

For real. LeBron didnt have a bunch of chumps surrounding him. That Cavs team is loaded. KD had to deal with Westbrook and probably got tired of it. He made a change and he WAS the best player on the court for Golden State.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

KD really lit it up last night! Glad to see him get a ring AND he was the MVP! :hookem::bevo::texasflag:

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Would Cleveland win 43 games, much less 73, if LeBron left?

He's been on stacked teams but even his best team never had 4 of the top 15 players in the NBA on it. In fact I'm not sure if any team since the 1960s has had 4 of the top 15 players on it, and there were only 8-10 teams in the league back then.

Yes.

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Nice NBA video of KD’s Game 5 highlights with audio from international broadcasts

16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I compared this with my employment options and let's just say I am a little disappointed