2017 Recruiting?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by HornSwoggler, Feb 3, 2016.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It is amazing how the vibe is so positive after 5-7. If this was Charlie's idea then he's pretty dang smart.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sweet. Imagine if the ags lose Tate.

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Imagine if the ags lost THE STATE.

FIFY

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Already happened. Past history.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yep! And the delusional crew over at aggy college is living in denial, looking or inventing culprits to crucify. East Texas version of the Salem Witch Hunts. :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

In terms of reestablishing Texas as a perennial powerhouse, it seems we need more than just great defenses. What I worry about is TOP END offensive talent. Of the Composite 100 (as of Feb23), the only offensive players in-state that we currently have a shot at are the RBs. Our current commits might be great, and other players (like our QB) might very well rise into the Top 100. But take a look at the kids from in-state...
    While we have a great shot at the defensive recruits, 4 of the 7 offensive Texans in the Top 100 have already committed elsewhere. One doesn't list us. And we probably won't get both RBs.

1 Do we only end up with one offensive elite?
    2 Will success come from recruiting nationally?

This isn't a criticism. If anything, it's an excuse. lol I don't see how they plan on competing with the elite if they don't draw elite offensive players every year.

9. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I don't disagree with you but look at vahe and williams for examples, both offense and defense starts in the trenches so im happy with their selections there. Burt is a weapon at receiver and so was every running back that he signed and i believe that one of the receivers we signed this year will be just as good. so having said that, if the offensive line and the running backs are going to be good and if the staff evaluated well with the receivers then the only thing left is the QB which is where we've been for some time now and I'm not sure it's going to get solved this year cause all of them are young.....at least the ones i'm counting on to actually turn this around (Kai, Merrick or Buechelle) I'm hoping that Heard finds the arm strength he lacks and vision to open this offense up. i really don't think we need a lot it just seems like it cause we haven't had anything from this position.

If the defense can hold teams to say 20 points then the offense doesn't have to produce much and they give themselves a better chance of being in every game. The last few years the defense has been on the field waaaaaay too long to hold up for an entire game so i think this can all be achieved with just the offense being able to hold the ball just long enough to give the defense a rest....this in my opinion would be almost like points.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  11. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

There are some evening rumors going around (started from OB forums, it seems) that Baron Browning committed today. None of the actual site mods have reported it anywhere, as far as I know. We will see. It would be incredible to land a national top-25 five-star this early.... Just reporting the rumor, for now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dude is a complete physical freak
    The good kind

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

They are such idiots

• Like Like x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Delusional idiots at that. A deadly combination. Entertaining, but deadly.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

3-star Charlie doesn't recruit 5*'s.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I think that IMG players are definitely SEC leans right out of the gate because that's all they hear being down in Florida; then you have FSU and Miami... it's got to be a huge battle to get them to come to the Big 12. Hope I'm wrong.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Did Kobe Boyce commit today

30. Joe Fan