2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

time to get this started with the 2016s likely to commit in Nov.

Didi Richards, previous Texas commit, still has the Horns on her list along with UConn, LSU, OU, Norte Dame and Louisville.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/richards-play-can-take-your-breath-away/

can't argue with the players she's a fan of:

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Based on the current roster and future openings, how many scholarships would be available for the 2017 class? We have 2 commits in the 16 class (Sutton and Underwood) along with 2 in the 18 class (Prince and Routt). Considering Coach Aston is still looking at another possible 2015 and the 2016s we're still after, could the numbers become a real issue?

4. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

2017 is a ways off so obviously a lot can change based on injuries, transfers etc. But looking at current roster only we would have three scholarships available.

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Prospects Nation expands their 2017 top players list to 60

http://prospectsnation.com/story/2017-elite-60-spring-expansion

Nine of the 60 are from Texas, including the top two PGs and five overall.

Nat’l rank—Position rank—Position—Name

3 1 PG Alexis Morris Texas 5' 6"

4 2 PG Chasity Patterson Texas 5' 5"

6 2 P Jade Williams Texas 6' 3"

7 2 W Deauzya Richards Texas 6' 2"

24 6 W Lexi Gordon Texas 6' 0"

26 8 PG Kiana Williams Texas 5' 5"

32 11 PG Chennedy Carter Texas 5' 8"

37 8 F Kayla Owens Texas 6' 2"

44 13 PG Gabbi Connally Texas 5' 6"

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Isn't 6'1 F Vivian Gray of Argyle in the 2017 class? She put on quite a show at the state tourney in March. So much talent in the state of Texas these days.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Lots of talented PGs in the state for 2017; but, with Brooke being a senior and Alecia a sophomore, I doubt we take a pure PG unless they really want to come to Texas as minutes might not be available their freshman season.

But, Jade Williams, Didi Richards, Lexi Gordon, Kayla Owens and Vivian Gray are most likely high on our coaches' wishlist.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

11. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

I'm hearing Didi Richards and Texas have a home visit set up.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bret McCormick

People are starting to figure out that Lexi Gordon 6-0 3/4 2017 TX is LEGIT.Has improved more in 1 year than any player I have ever seen.

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

14. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Anyone think ND over did it with the mail? Geeze

• Like Like x 1
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

wow, that's a busy 12 days! Wonder how Utah sneaked in there?

16. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Utah just had a home visit with pg Jo'Nah Johnson. Utah has had some success in the past. It is now in the PAC 12 and has a first year head coach.

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Didi Richard’s Sept home visits: The article has some nice stuff on her. I like her career interest and what she is looking at in a school.

http://www.wiseeyesports.com/tx-2017-elite-wing-didi-richards-sept-visit-schedule/

September Visit schedule
    8th – Unofficial to Baylor
    10th – Louisville visiting school
    14th – Texas visiting school
    16th – Oklahoma State visiting school
    17th – Tennessee visiting school
    21st – Notre Dame visiting school
    22nd – Ohio State visiting school
    28th – Michigan visiting school

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Found it very odd that Didi (or any recruit) would be taking an unofficial to a college the day after Labor Day. Just about every high school I know was back in session on Tuesday, September 8th. The 2016 PG recruit (Kysre) was also there with her (based on photo of the two with Mulkey); not sure if Kysre was there on her official visit, but don't think so.

19. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Lauren Heard and Tatum Veitenheimer will be on campus today. I'm sure others will be in as well but I think next weekend is the big one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Lauren makes a lot of sense because her big brother SHOULD be on the field a lot tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if there are several unofficial visits this weekend with KD, T.J., Tristan and others here for alumni weekend. Deja among them:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Awesome to hear. Glad they are going to make it. Wonder if Alecia Sutton will be making an unofficial visit with Lauren.

Isn't it great to have those guys help out with WBB recruiting? :hookem2:

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Alecia, Jada, and Joyner will be on their official visits next weekend, September 18th. So, I doubt Alecia will be here this weekend on an unofficial, especially since she is from Missouri.

I get the feeling Sabrina Ionescu is also taking her official visit to Texas next weekend.

Haven't seen anything about when Ciera Johnson will be visiting officially; think she has an official visit to Louisville in October, but that was the only one I had seen scheduled.

23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Alecia, Jada, Joyner, Sabrina and possibly Audrey-Ann would be a really nice 2016 class.

• Like Like x 2
  24. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Lexi Gordon is at the football game with Sedona Prince. Brianna Taylor tweeted some pics. I don't know how you all copy the tweets with pictures to here. :/

• Like Like x 3
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Got you covered:

Upper right: Brooke hamming it up.

• Like Like x 1
  26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

More game day pics, this time from Theresa Nunn (Deja's mom):

• Like Like x 2
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

looks like our visitors had a great time. :hookem:

28. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Very good to see Sedona at the game!

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For sure. And, in Texas gear.

I feel better about re-gaining Sedona's commitment than I do Charli Collier's. While I'd love to re-gain both, would definitely settle for one as they are both Top 5 national recruits. Anything is possible, but if both are slotted to play Center in college, can't see them both signing with the same school in the end.

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas coaches had their home visit with Didi today. Hoping they left a great impression. :hookem2: