2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Didi is very good friends with Joyner and Jada. Wonder if she will take an unofficial visit to Texas this weekend since Joyner and Jada will be on their official visits.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Baylor, Arkansas and Tenn visit Lexi Gordon at her school today

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

5. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  6. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

Looks like even at school she has a hook em sign up

7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Thank god Coach Mays is in the picture to give us a height frame of reference - I really like Coach Aston but she makes everyone except Brooke and Celina look like a post player. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Off the top of my head, PGs Alexis Morris & Chastity Patterson, W Lexi Gordon, Not sure about PG Kiana Williams. I recall some interest earlier in Oklahoma PG Jo’nah Johnson as well.

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Really? I've seen nothing regarding those two in-state PGs and Texas. Don't believe either camped at Texas. With Brooke and Alecia on the roster, just don't see a 2017 PG coming on board unless they are more of a combo guard. Plus, with 2018 PG Tatum Veitenheimer camping here and coming in for unofficial visits, I think she could be the one the staff is after (and based on balancing the classes).

10. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Chasity has camped here I believe and I've seen her at games. Texas has also been linked to Lauryn Miller, Vivian Gray, Jade Williams, and Lexie Gordon (I get the feeling she is TCU bound).

11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Definitely agree on Veitenheimer - remember seeing her in a lot of pics with Alecia at this summer's camp. And this:

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Moooooo, back in May, DFWElite tweeted that the Horns were looking at Zay Green from Duncan and Alexis Morris among other players on their AAU team. Whether Horns and/or the players no longer have interest, I don't know. But I doubt if they have closed the door on anyone this early. I would prefer Tatum due to her height and the spacing between her and Alecia.

13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I know it's not earth-shattering but Coach Aston's newest Twitter follower? Ungeanetta Richards - Didi's mom.

Also, my Twitter-speak is not quite up to snuff but I think Joyner might be trying to keep momentum going:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Didi interview today on recruiting - sounds like this one may take a while though what she says in the last few seconds is encouraging:

• Like Like x 1
  15. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

Didi will be back and so will prince..... Collier is the one i think will walk away and not come back.

Just got word that Richards had only 1 home visit and it was with Texas, so that tells you a lot right there

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I have no inside info, but I agree with you based on what i'm reading. Richards is definitely allowed to take her time and figure things out. She did attend the Baylor camp after ours, and then took an unofficial to visit the day after Labor Day; that last visit is what has me confused (as it was a school day). She does seem to have legitimate interest in Baylor.

She mentions enjoying playing with Kayla Owens in that interview. Kayla was at our camp, and I recall reading some good things about her play; hoping we are pursuing her, too.

17. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

She's really close to Joyner and she is really close to her family. Richards isn't going anywhere and as far as Owens goes i think she is leaning to A&M or LSU so i hope she doesn't go play with her. They are playing together in Frisco next weekend along with Tatum. I will be going to catch a few of those games.

As a junior you get 2 excused visits so that explains the Baylor visit. I'm hearing she will be on Texas campus to watch a practice sometime next week.

Owens went to Baylor camp after Texas camp and that was Richards ride that weekend. I'm also hearing that Richards didn't compete at Baylor's camp but I'm not sure why.

I'm hearing that Texas only wants 2 kids in the 2017 class.....one being Richards and the other being Rellah.

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Thanks, lewis.

If we don't sign another post in the 2016 class (Ciera Johnson), then we definitely need one post in 2017, if not two (as both Imani and Kelsey will be gone). Not sure where we sand with Jade Williams, but she seems like she'd be high our board of post prospects.

Haven't checked the roster numbers for 2017, but I can see where Didi and Rellah Boothe would be no-brainer takes. Haven't read much about where we stand with Rellah, so any insight would be appreciated.

This article indicates Maryland, Tennessee, and Auburn are the teams to beat:

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12378990/star

19. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Interesting comments about 2017. It makes sense that we might only look to take a couple of players at most. The roster will be deep, talented, and versatile. Texas appears to be going hard for players in the 2018 class.

We will have a number of strong forwards with size the next few years. Perhaps our post play will come from that group. Last year, UConn started forwards Tuck and Stewart, and brought 6'3" post, Kiah Stokes off the bench. This year, 6'5" Natalie Butler will be the only traditional center type at UConn.

20. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

Boothe and her family are really close with Travis. They are from the same small town in Florida. There is a good chance Texas may get her.

21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

like they say, keep your options open. applies to both the coaches and players.

In 2017, we got room for 3 frosh, if I counted correctly and we don't get anyone else for 2016. There should be room for a post even if we get both Didi and Boothe.

22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Texas has an in home visit with Jade Williams tomorrow. Does anybody know who Tina Thompson visited Monday?

23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Looks like UT may have been first rather than only:

24. bballnuts

bballnuts < 25 Posts

Having Tina is awesome.

Butler will not be as good as Dolson, I hear she struggles against the Uconn players so she may just be used to spot some fouls but it doesn't matter as they will be very long.

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

27. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Texas makes Didi's final 11.

• Like Like x 2
  28. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

Hearing Didi Richards will be on campus next Thursday for an unofficial. Probably to watch practice being that practice starts next week

29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

It looks like you were right about Vivian Gray being in the mix - ESPN is usually pretty good when it comes to posting teams 'under consideration':
    http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/207085

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Lexi Gordon 10/27/15
    http://www.wiseeyesports.com/2017s-lexi-gordon-get-to-know-me-monthly-diary-2/