2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  3. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Oh my! That's great news!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I had a dream about a week and a half ago that Littleton was on an official visit to Texas; I knew afterwards it was just a dream, but it did give me more optimism that she would take one soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, maybe I am failing reading comprehension, but the different comments alluded to Destiny already having visited Texas, currently on her visit (Monday), or taking her visit on Tuesday.

I would assume she spent time with Rellah and Chasity while in Chicago and Brooklyn, and that helped our cause. Even before those all-star games, she had mentioned Texas as a school under consideration.

Crossing my fingers she has a great visit and it seals the deal. I think we are in a good position.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Destiny is probably getting a bit impatient with USC - that position has been open at least 45 days and they seem to be farther away from hiring anyone than when they began.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

On Tuesday, the coaches and players can take Destiny to the baseball game and/or the volleyball Spring match. So, at least there's some sporting event for her to attend.

• Like Like x 3
  9. LutherIsMyDog

Littleton would certainly classify as a "super shooter".

• Like Like x 3
  10. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I looked at the box score from the Jordan Brand game and I believe Destiny was perfect from beyond the arc, either 2 or 2, or 3 of 3. I don't have time to look back and verify that, She could have had one miss, but at any rate, her numbers looked really good. Gosh, with her, what a troop of guards we would have, with three (or more) great three point shooters. Wow.

• Like Like x 5
  11. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

It's probably already been said, but worth repeating -- maybe Coach Tina's ties to the state of CA, and to USC, are add'l inventive for DL to look at Texas. The excitement is real. #HookEm

• Like Like x 2
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

http://www.calhisports.com/2017/04/18/ms-basketball-2017-destiny-littleton/

"Besides being in Austin for an official visit to Texas when this week’s Ms. Basketball honor was announced, Littleton has still not ruled out Southern California, where she de-committed, plus Cal is in the picture, and she’s also considering Arizona State."

Also, an interesting UT connection:
    "According to the Cal-Hi Sports state records, she broke the previous record of 1,300 points set in 1992 by 1993 Ms. Basketball Danielle Viglione of Fair Oaks Del Campo."

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

USC finally hires a new head coach. Guess we'll find out how that impacts Destiny's decision:

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Pretty 'meh' hire IMO.

"Trakh, 61, spent the past six seasons at New Mexico State. He was dismissed at USC in 2009 after failing to make the NCAA Tournament in three of his five seasons."

"...who was 90-64 during his first tenure at USC from 2005-09."

"None of his college teams has advanced beyond the second round of the NCAA tournament, including two such appearances in his first two years at USC."

PAC12 is a much tougher league now than it was 10 years ago.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Smells like a "Oh, and we also have a women's team" hire to me.
    Just sayin

17. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

The entire search was a mess and the end result is certainly not what USC intended at the outset. But they were out of options and absolutely had to get someone on board, so Trakh is as good a choice as any given the circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

IMG_4285.JPG

This was posted on the Texas WBB facebook page today. Don't believe I have the knowledge to expound upon these locations, but believe some of you will. It should make for some fun speculation. #HookEm

• Like Like x 1
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Cy Fair Elite (Deja and Sedona) are playing in Southlake. Queen Egbo and Samantha Brunelle are at the Raleigh event.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

21. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Significance to 2017 recruiting?

22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Just a reference to the April Cities TexasWBB map from above - Queen of the South is the event being held in Arlington. Probably has more bearing on 2018-19-20 recruiting.

• Like Like x 2
  23. LutherIsMyDog

By now, I was hoping there would be a tweet or some news trickling out about Littleton's visit to Texas.
    :confused2:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

With USC barely naming its new head coach on Friday, I would guess that Littleton will most likely speak/meet with him in the next few days, and then decide if she wants to re-sign with USC. If she decides USC is out, she could still take one more official.

Not sure is this impacts Littleton one way or the other, but a freshman guard at USC has decided to transfer out:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

USC hires a recycled has been that never accomplished anything of significance the 1st time? Hopefully Destiny can see through that. I would think ASU is now a greater threat than USC.

26. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

No doubt, Trakh was not the Trojans' first choice. But he is a well regarded coach who had success at Pepperdine and Mexico State. He recruited well at USC, but had some astoundingly bad luck with injuries. I wish him well.

27. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure what to think about that article on Littleton.

On one hand, she had no hesitation in scheduling an official visit to Texas after being released from her LOI. On the other hand, she can't yet decide on where to take her last official visit, but is determined to take it. So, I'd like to feel good about that. But, of course, I was hoping she wouldn't need to take that last official visit if she had found what she was looking for at Texas.

If she does plan to make her decision in early May, then one would think she'd be taking that last official this coming weekend; but, to me, I get the feeling it won't be until the weekend of May 5. Guess that still gives her several days to make her decision "in early May".

As for her quotes about "relationships" with the coaching staffs, it makes me wonder if we had been recruiting her for a while prior to her verbal commitment to USC last Fall. Perhaps we were in line for an official visit before her original decision. I don't recall ever reading anything about her and Texas, but perhaps she just didn't make it public.

• Like Like x 2
  29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Someone who understands twitter (better than me) can perhaps explain some of those Longhorn items (are they followers or what?).