2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Hopefully a sign the seniors are taking charge.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Wonderful news. I had ratcheted back my enthusiasm for this year as the rumors swirled about Rella. Now I can ratchet it back up to over the top!

4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A helluva lot of talent in one photo.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Ye of small faith...lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

With everybody moving in (Destiny this week), I can move on to hearing about their integration into the team. Will someone remind me how much time the coaches and strength staff have each week with them. Seems like they are limited to individual skill training plus S&C? I just need my fix of weekly off-season news! Guess they can do some pick-up games as long as coaches are not there?

7. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Hopefully, Coach Aston & Company will keep the fans connected to the team this summer over social media. Like you, I need a fix of what's happening with the team as they start preparations for the 2017-18 season.

8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Outside the Playing Season - Academic Year: Student-athletes may be required to participate in up to 8 hours per week of required strength and conditioning activities and individualized skill instruction. No more than 2 hours of the permissible 8 can consist of individualized skill instruction. No more than four student-athletes may be involved in skill instruction at all sites combined at any one time.

I think the key phrase when it comes to S&C is 'required to participate'. As far as I know, the athletes can request assistance from S&C staff whenever they like and as much as they'd like but individual skill instruction by game coaches is still strictly limited.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

And Destiny makes three...

• Like Like x 9
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Rellah none too happy with the rumor mill...

• Like Like x 8
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Based on the timing of Rellah's tweet, I would gather that perhaps someone (like a coach) attending the summer camp on Saturday made mention of the recent internet message board speculation about her not attending Texas.

Not defending anyone, but Rauol never tweeted anything specific such as Rellah's name or any reason to believe she was the Texas McDonald's All-American he was referencing (as perhaps not being on the upcoming roster). Posts on the UConn and Baylor board were where I saw her name being thrown out there with specifics about why she might not be attending Texas and alternate plans.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  13. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Did I miss something? Why did they give Littleton Joyner Holmes number? Did something happen to Joyner?

14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Don't remember anyone posting this before:

• Like Like x 3
  15. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

16. LutherIsMyDog

Not sure if this belongs in 2017 Recruiting (Destiny) or 2018 Recruiting (Christyn) so I'll park it in 2017 for Destiny.

Great video to get to know the players on the USA U18 3X3 team. What a great opportunity for these girls.

• Like Like x 1
  17. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Y'all need not worry. According to Texas Women's Basketball, Joyner Holmes will still wear #24. It was only a photo taken during recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

As mentioned by another poster on the 2018 thread, DeCosta was the 3x3 MVP. But kudos to Destiny as the USA wins gold with a 7-0 record. She was the #7 scorer for the tourney (out of 80 total players). Congratulations, Destiny!

• Like Like x 6
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Get to know Chasity...

• Like Like x 6
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

ESPN's Final Class Rankings:

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/class-rankings?class=2017

"How do you make a great recruiting class even greater? Add Destiny Littleton.

Texas already boasted the No. 3 class at the end of the early signing period. Then the Longhorns added another impact player in Littleton, who had originally signed with USC. The 5-foot-9 scoring sensation averaged 42.7 points (that's not a typo), 10.9 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.4 steals as a senior at Bishop's School (La Jolla, California) and became California's all-time leading scorer.

Earlier this month the California Gatorade player of the year won gold with USA Basketball as part of the 3x3 U18 World Cup team that competed in Chengdu, China.

Keep in mind, the Longhorns also signed McDonald's MVP Rellah Boothe, the No. 3 prospect in the class, and fellow McDonald's All American Chasity Patterson, who won the McDonald's 3-point contest and is ranked No. 4."

• Like Like x 7
  21. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I think we are about to have an amazing season. we have all the pieces. I think the Coaches are ready, I think the players are ready, staying busy.
    I personally can't wait to see the early rotations....Lets Go Texas!!

• Like Like x 4
  22. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I agree Malcolm.
    Hookem'

23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Video of Destiny talking about the transition to college, 3x3...

• Like Like x 5
  24. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Very nice. Well-spoken young lady.

With a summer to get in shape, I like the physical strength she'll bring to the guard position.

• Like Like x 5
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Get to know Rellah:

• Like Like x 3
  26. LutherIsMyDog

Rellah does not lack for confidence. Hopefully she will be able to handle the transition and the frustration that comes along with adjusting to the college game. She holds herself to a high standard so I believe she understands the dedication and hard work that it takes to be great.

I really like our freshman class--not only for their talent but their personalities. All three of them have leadership qualities.

• Like Like x 4
  27. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

"Watching Coach Tina play when I was growing up, I like the way she played, but I feel like I can beat her."

Oh man, I LOVE this young woman! Talk that talk!

• Like Like x 4
  28. LutherIsMyDog

Destiny's video..

• Like Like x 3
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She's not technically in this recruiting class but...

Would love to see her regain the form that made her such a highly regarded player out of HS.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Most of you know that I follow Texas recruiting very closely. Strange that I never saw these videos where Chennedy Carter had Texas in her final five. Were they posted in this thread?

I recall us discussing that she had attended our summer camp with Chasity Patterson, but it was right after Chazz had verbally committed to us. Chennedy definitely never visited us officially.

• Like Like x 2