2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I'm walkin' down that long, lonesome road, babe
    Where I'm bound, I can't tell
    But goodbye is too good a word gal
    So I'll just say "fair-thee-well"
    I ain't saying you treated me unkind
    You could uh done better, but I don't mind
    You just sorta wasted my precious time
    Don't think twice it's all right.

2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Bob Dylan! And very aprapos Zig!

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

4. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Moooo....looks like someone needs to start a 2018 Transfer thread. We have a spot.

5. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

What? Can you give details or hints?

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not yet. Besides, Andra already chose Miss. State.

Unless you are referring to someone else.

7. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Yes, I was referring to the great thread we had last year that tracked the multitude of announced transfers and where they ultimately ended up. I know it's a bit early, but it won't be long before this starts leaking out after the Tourney.

Luther....I was not trying to be mysterious. We currently have an unused ship that would accommodate one transfer, if Karen chose to go that route like she did with Jatarie & the twins.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  8. LutherIsMyDog

Gotcha. I was concerned we had a transfer. Whew!

9. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I’m seeing some cryptic tweets from our 2017 Cali recruit, liked by at least two college coaches. I hope I’m WAY off base with MY OWN suspicions. I guess we won’t know until we know. Suppose if someone is unhappy as a member of a specific team it’s best they find their path and make a place for someone who truly wants their spot. It’s been an interesting season, but feeling really positive about the pieces falling into better placement with the next class/team.

#HookEm

10. LutherIsMyDog

Like this one? I'm glad someone else has noticed these Tweets.

I agree with you GameofHorns, a student athlete needs to do what's best for themselves if they are homesick or if they need to be in a different place for whatever reason. We benefited with Charli C when she realized she didn't want to be so far from home and changed her commitment from UConn to Texas.

For selfish reasons, I want Destiny to remain in ATX because I believe she could be a big contributor next year. Her demeanor on the bench is always fun, supportive and positive.

Time will tell...

• Like Like x 1
  11. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Agreed. I’ve had an uneasy feeling about her tweets for awhile. She was “in the mix” early, which tells me she could be there/get there again. Like her to stay, but for sure, prefer players that want to truly be a part of the program. Hoping she proves to be a stayer. P.S. Way grateful for Charli’s change of heart to come to Texas

• Like Like x 1