2017 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, May 24, 2015.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

great report, lewishawk! Coach Aston is fun to talk to.
    Okay, stupid question: what the heck is a "dub"? double double? dunk?

2. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Dub = "W"

3. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

Dub meaning W.....for the win. She was playing against once UT commit Charlie Collier

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks all for the response. Don't recall hearing that phrase for a win before.

5. lewishawks

lewishawks 25+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

""</script>

Haley Troup on a visit to South Carolina.

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

we really need a shooter like Haley in 2017.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I have been watching Carter's name consistently showing up in the box scores but haven't heard too much about her. She scored 15 win last night as the Mansfield Timberview girls improved to 24-0 with a 90-42 victory over Lancaster. Timberview is the state's No. 1-ranked 5A team so she has lots of good players around her. She appears to be a "big" point guard that the Lady Horns sorely need. I also like seeing she is using her left hand (assuming she is right handed).

14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Currently ranked #17 in ESPN's 2017 rankings - 1 spot ahead of Didi Richards. Listed at 5' 7" so just an inch shorter than Alecia.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

There are a lot of great point guards for the class of 2017 in the state of Texas. Glad we're recruiting more than one. Some feel that Chasity Patterson may go to UofH as that is where her sister plays volleyball.

Saw that Lexi Gordon and Christyn Williams of Arkansas both visited UConn this past weekend unofficially. The entire Gordon family made the trip.

16. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Carter's a really nice player, we might be too late on her. Tcu is recruiting her and a&m is recruiting her hard. One of her good friends and aau teammates McElroy is signed to play for a&m.

17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Anyone familiar with Trinity Oliver of Euless Trinity? She leads the DFW area in both scoring and rebounding. Had never heard the name before, but she is at the top of the area 6A stats. I saw references to her as a guard and forward. Could not find her height though.

18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

19. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

20. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Texas is in Lexi Gordon's final 4!

• Like Like x 4
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure what to think of Lexi's recruitment and possible final decision. One one hand, she and PG Christyn Williams appear to be good friends; don't think their simultaneous visit ot UConn was a coincidence. Obviously, each travelling up to Uconn unofficially shows their interest. Not sure Christyn is considering Texas.

Lexi and Didi also appear to be good friends. Didi dropped UConn from consideration a few weeks ago. Wonder if they are both best-suited for SF in college. Or, can they play on the court at the same time? Could affect their final decisions.

Wouldn't surprise me to see her go to UConn if she is being pulled in different directions as far as TCU, Baylor, and Texas.

Article on Lexis from UConn beat writer:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2016/01/uconn-target-lexi-gordon-moving-fast-in.html

22. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I think she's going to tcu, it makes too much sense. Both of her parents went there and it's obviously close to home.

23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I've been following Lexi's progress the past couple of years. It would stand to reason, with both her parents playing for and graduating from TCU,, that they'd have an advantage. I'd sure like to see her choose Texas... she's a shooter and scorer ... can't teach that and we need that skill set!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  24. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

25. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Give us Chasity Patterson! I love watching her play. She's strong defensively and has cat like reflexes to pick-pocket opposing players. She tries to set up her teammates like a true point guard, but she's capable of carrying a team offensively with her speed and dribble penetration. If defenders sag on her, she cans the open 3. Although she states Kyrie is her favorite player, her play is more like Chris Paul than Kyrie.

She lists: UCLA, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma and Kentucky as her favorites but reveals that her #1 factor is she wants to go somewhere to "win" and hopes to make a decision by the end of the summer. Umm...yeah, about winning...that would be TEXAS!

She also plays for Cy Fair AAU basketball, the same program as Ariel, Brooke, Jordan, LaShann, Joyner, and Jada.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...kills-chasity-patterson-lowers-boom-opponents

• Like Like x 3
  26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

my thought exactly! :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

and we got the LHN studio a few minutes from campus. I am sure they take a few interns from UT once in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  28. HornsLewis

HornsLewis 25+ Posts

Found these highlights of Richards on another forum. For a 6'2" she's handling the ball and shooting the ball pretty good. I was at that game with the highlights of her vs Charlie Collier.

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

As far as in-state prospects, I'd have to put Didi at the top of my want list. Seems like she has the perimeter shooting, size, speed and ball-handling to play SG, SF, or perhaps even PF in college. Definitely a very versatile player it seems.

Wish I had a feel for who favors Texas at this time, and which players will make up our 2017 signing class, but I just don't. Lots of opinions out there about who lands where.

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

likewise! :smile1: