2018 College World Series

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Jun 12, 2018.

1. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Oregon State stays alive with a 14-5 win over Washington. The Miss State and UNC game will be played tomorrow morning at 10:00 am for the first game of the day's triple-header (meaning the Texas/Florida game may not start at 1:00, especially when you figure in the potential for more rain delays).

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Miss St leading UNC 12-2, top of the 8th.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

UNC brings out a new pitcher like the Titanic bringing out a new captain on its way down, but you gotta try something

4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns are second team eliminated. Tech-Arky moved to tomorrow.

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Weather has played havoc with schedule. Yesterday Tech lost to Arkansas in winners bracket game while Oregon State eliminated UNC in losers bracket game. In theory tonight Tech will play Florida and the winner plays Arkansas tomorrow while Oregon State will play Mississippi State tomorrow as well. Depending on results tomorrow there may be one or two games Saturday to get the two national finalists.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Florida beats Tech meaning that SEC has three of four national semifinalists and the inside track on both finalist spots.

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Unlike the football playoff, in baseball, you cannot hide until the championship game. Yes, the entire field was determined to get maximum $EC teams to Omaha, but so far no one has stepped forward to knock piggy, Mississippi aggy and Florida off. Hopefully, OSU will be able to best Mississippi aggy and make it to the finals.

8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Oregon State beats Mississippi State 12-2 to force a second championship game in bracket one. Florida and Arky play tonight with Gators looking to force another game in bracket two and Pigs looking to get to NC series.

9. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Oregon State wins two straight to advance to the NC series against Arkansas who won last night to eliminate Florida. The two best teams throughout the tourny are in the finals. Arky has a pitching advantage as the Beavers have used up their staff coming out of the losers bracket.

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

OOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!

What's Mormon A&M West gonna do, cut off my supply of potatoes?

11. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

Thank goodness OSU survived. I would hate to watch two teams wearing moron and white battle for the championship.

12. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Game 1 of the CWS finals has been postponed due to rain and will now be played Tuesday at 6:00 central time.

13. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Pigs take the first game 4-1, does anyone here care? I'd like to see the Beavers force a third game, just for the dramas, but can't say I have a strong rooting interest either way.

14. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

I dislike the Hogs because of the behaviors of some of their intoxicated and otherwise crass fans, both during my college days in the SWC days and as recently as yesterday. I will add that some of their sober and decent fans gave me a jump last night and that reminded me that they aren’t all horrible.

I have never experienced any problems with Oregon State fans and they have all been sober and friendly. I admit my sample size is small here: Alamo Bowl and CWS this year.

I want OSU to win because we don’t really recruit against them because of the distance between the schools. Also they aren’t in the SEC.

I have little hope OSU will avoid the problems they have already demonstrated this CWS and the Hogs are pretty good and extreme opportunistic.

• Like Like x 2
  15. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Arkansas has been the best team thus far and that Knight kid has been nails pitching and was again last night. Oregon State has a certified pedophile pitching for them (seriously, look it up) so its hard to root for them with that guy on the team. I dont have a rooting interest either way and reasons not to want either team to win so yeah I fall in the dont care anymore group.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Looks like the pig people will win it all with aggy claiming another NC.

17. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

Not so fast there, Viper. Great turnaround at the end of game 2 today. At this point I'd bet on Oregon State in game 3, at least in theory, based on momentum alone.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Piggy was one strike away from winning the CWS. Then lost the game.

19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Since the CWS began, a west coast team has won each year ending in "8". Hoping the beavs continue that tradition. Watching the toothless dude give the Horns down sign vs Florida reminded me how mentally challenged these arky cousin humpers are. Would love to see more razorback misery tomorrow nite.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

Piggy just misses a national championship, just like 1969 football.

• Like Like x 1
  21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

You kind of have to feel for Arky, the ending last night was so reminiscent of game six in 2011 for the Texas Rangers in the World Series, two outs, two strikes, a fly ball that should have been caught (dont get me started on Cruz being too shallow so he could join the celebration) and then disaster. This pop out though was even more catchable than Cruz's and if the pigs dont win tonight that one will sit with their fan base for ever just like 1969 still haunts them.

22. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I was kinda hoping a tornado would blow through and take out both teams, but that was one hell of an exciting game last night.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I would not mind Ark winning it if it weren't for the fact that the aggies will act like they won it all. Just this past weekend I was at a family wedding and my aggie BIL brought up UT's early exit from the CWS at the hands of SEC teams. I just asked him which side of the bracket the ags were on.

• Like Like x 1
  24. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

25. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I didn't see the ball drop, is it in the video? :arrow-up:

26. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Yes look directly behind guy who comes running in and you will see flash of white fall to ground between the other two players. All three had play and none of them ended up even making an attempt at it.

27. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Proving again nothing is over until it is over.

• Like Like x 1
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah it bounces up after landing which is why that one Arky player looks up again

• Like Like x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts