2018 Conference Schedule

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Oct 26, 2017.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

2. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

TCU game is early and why on earth are we playing Kansas the day after thanksgiving

• Like Like x 2
  3. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

4. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

I THOUGHT WE HAD SCHEDULED EITHER TCU OR TECH AS A HOME GAME AT THANKSGIVING.

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

what he said!

6. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Has anyone seen any reasoning why we are playing @Kansas for Thanksgiving?

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And at Kansas? Hmmm, things are interesting. Late bye week too. Well at least we start undefeated, love season openings, everyone is so pumped.

8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

It’s a rivalry now lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They should just play that one on Saturday.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 806 Horn

806 Horn 25+ Posts

Nobody noticed or cared that OU weekend isn’t the 2nd weekend in October? I’m sitting here throwing a damn tantrum about this malarchy.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Nope! It baffles science.

12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Kansas after Thanksgiving is a genius strategy.

Gives us time to prepare and heal for the playoffs.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Anyone think we'll be down to this game for bowl eligibility? Please no!

15. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

USC, TCU, @Kansas State and OU in a row without a bye week is brutal. @Maryland is not an automatic win and Tulsa is not San Jose State bad.

@OKIE State, West Virginia ans @tech is also a tough stretch. If we somehow survive those stretches, we are in great shape for the Big 12 Title Game.

If we really solely control everything in the Big XII like aggy claims, we have given ourseleves a very unfavorable schedule.

16. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Has anyone noticed we play Kansas@ Kansas on T+1? Whatever happened to Tech/TCU alternating @ home? I'm not gruntled

17. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Texas-Kansas on Thanksgiving weekend. Oh boy. That's one to get the family gathered 'round and get excited about!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

No, I like the national attention on Friday

19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Didn't notice until you mentioned, but I don't like it. I know it is traditionally the 2nd Saturday but has it always been? Has it been the 1st Saturday in modern history?

20. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Hmmm .... anyone suspicious of some skullduggery / tomfoolery here? This is some weird and unfavorable scheduling for the Horns IMHO.

Godz40, you got any intell from the bunker on this ?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  21. 806 Horn

806 Horn 25+ Posts

Been the 2nd weekend as long as I can remember. More seasoned vets of this board may know another history

• Like Like x 1
  22. horninchicago

Me too. Just wondered if since, say, the late 70s, it had been played on the 1st Saturday due to a conflict.

23. horninchicago

Okay, I only went back to 1970. In '78, 2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, and 2010 it was played on the 1st Saturday. Surprised it is that many and the 2010 game was on October 2.

• Like Like x 2
  24. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

That is not a good Big 12 schedule. Perrin, whats up? What were you doing when this Big 12 schedule was made? Maybe glad handing while people were laughing behind your back? Dodds would never let this schedule happen.

25. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Yes. But, if I tell you, you'll have to kill yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

OU 2018:
    Florida Atlantic
    UCLA
    @Iowa State
    Army
    Baylor
    Texas
    Bye

UT 2018:
    @Maryland
    Tulsa
    USC
    TCU
    @Kansas State
    OU
    Baylor

I never want to hear a sooner ever complain about the Big 12. The sooners are running this conference and the scheduling because Perrin and Fenves are chumps.

• Like Like x 2
  27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

More I think about it (Kansas away on Tday) the angrier it makes me. I just don’t see how this could happen. I guess it does do one good thing, no holiday disruption cause I’m sure not going to Manhatten, who would want to?

28. horninchicago

Why would you go to Manhattan? KU plays in Lawrence. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hahahahahahahaha, got me Hnchica

• Like Like x 2
  30. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The "home game every thanksgiving against another team from the state" wasn't a real tradition anyway and I'm fine with it going away and us being scheduled just like anyone else (and it might help with some of the "Texas dominates the Big 12 and everyone else just falls in line" BS). But no idea why they put our last game on a Friday. There might only be 5,000 people there.