2018 FIBA World Cup

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 3, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

That was a surprise. I had expected Canada to get into the semis at least.

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Quite possibly a replay but Spectrum tv guide in Austin area showing the USA-Belgium semifinal game on ESPNews at 11:30 AM CST. I thought the game was scheduled for earlier per the AAS paper edition tv guide showing the game at 9:30 AM on ESPNU. That channel actually was a duplicate of ESPN with both showing the GameDay show.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't surprise me that the hearing loss doesn't impede her. It's more like a team adjusting for a teammate who does not speak English. Tamika Catchings also had a hearing loss and did alright. :smile1: I would think that her ability to play at a high level would have more to do her talent, work ethic than with her hearing loss.

Actually, I wonder if the Mystics would play Meesseman, EDD and Ariel together with Sanders coming off the bench. It would be interesting to see how other teams would adjust to defending two posts (EDD & Meesseman) who can handle the ball and hit the three.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

USA pulls away in the middle of the third quarter to win 93-77. USA will play for gold against the winner of Spain-Australia tomorrow. :usflag:

• Like Like x 1
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’d like to see them give it a shot. I think 1 of the lessons learned from the 2017 season vs 2018 was that EDD is much more effective as a stretch 4 than a 3. In 2017 they played Krystal Thomas at C, Meesseman at PF and EDD at SF - EDD seemed much more comfortable this season. Shifting to playing 2 4s (effectively what they did this season with Sanders) with Ariel at SF is a much more athletic, fast paced lineup.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1