2018 Jordan Brand Classic

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Apr 6, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

3. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Great photo of Sedona. Love her expression and body language.

• Like Like x 3
  4. LutherIsMyDog

How cool is this?

• Like Like x 4
  5. LutherIsMyDog

Sedona's turn...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Love the images, but I don't get it. What does XXXII (Class of 32) signify?

7. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

I think it's part of the name of the shoes they are promoting.

8. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

You mean, I fell for the oldest marketing trick in the book? Creating buzz by asking a question? Shame on me!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Shill. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I watch the game today. We are really blessed to be getting S. Prince and C. Collier.
    I can't wait to see how K. Aston will mix this Class in the scheme of things. Because J. Taylor can really also fight for a Starting Spot. Collier was hitting the 3 point shoot. S. Prince can really be a Star. She move very well without the ball. And will tell the other player's where to go on the Offensive set. I have seen this over and over in games.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

The one thing that I really liked compared to the McDAA game was a brief interaction between Charli and Sedona during some free throw attempts - they were laughing and talking, something we didn’t get a chance to see during the previous game.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Is there a box score anywhere?

13. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Who is going to rebound for Texas? Sedona and Charlie had one rebound each. Queen Egbo had 11. DeCosta had 8. Shakira Austin (Maryland) had 14. (Charlie and Sedona did not particularly rebound in the McDonald's game either.) The only place I have seen the box score is on the UConn message board (The Boneyard) where someone pasted a copy. I have not found a link to a box score anywhere else. Joyner is a decent rebounder - better than decent when she really sets her will to it. But I sure hope our incoming freshmen posts become determined rebounders for the Horns.

• Like Like x 1
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I watched the first half. Typical all star game. Both look like real players. Prince was used primarily as a screener on the high pick and roll. Didn’t get a lot of shot attempts. I think Collier made 2 treys. The Baylor kids were impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  16. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 2
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

thanks for the link to the boxscore, hoopsalot.
    I did notice that neither Sedona nor Charlie rebounded much in this game. But, as mentioned, they were played primarily on the perimeter offensively. Still, wish we had seen more rebounding from both. Pleasantly surprised to see that Sedona had three steals. Also noticed that she was not targeted as much during picks and rolls, a move that got her about half her points in the McD's game.

We lose 15 rpg with Audrey-Ann, Ariel and Brooke gone. Plenty of rebounds for the others, especially with Coach Thompson to help them on how to rebound.

Got to admit that Queen Egbo is going to be a monster for Baylor. All four of their incoming frosh looked pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I didn’t see the JBC game, but from the McDAA game, I agree, baylor’s incoming class looks “ready to play”

19. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

wayyyyy freakin' COOL!!

20. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

It's worrisome that Charli and Sedona didn't get more rebounds in the JBC game, which I did not see. That must have been a fluke to some extent. Why would be they played on the perimeter mostly? I don't think KA will accept them not being major rebounders, or will let either spend a lot of time on the perimeter. Egbo apparently is a rebounder deluxe. Charli and Sedona will just have to step it up.

21. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

When it comes to these all star games I don’t take anything from them good or bad. Sedona and Charlie will be fine rebounding the ball. One of the reasons that Sedona and Charlie were on the perimeter was because they were running pick and pop. Which is something that I think Coach Aston should run with them every now and then because they both shoot the ball well from the perimeter for players their size.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Let's all relax about these all-star games. Charli averaged over 11 rebounds a game her senior season. Sedona "only" averaged 7 or 8 per game.

I'm sure Karen and Tina will emphasize rebounding for these two frontcourt players as one of their main responsibilities on the court.

• Like Like x 2
  23. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Exactly. i think both looked good in both games, and Sedona in particular generated some buzz during the McD's contest. Believe me, both of these young women are ready for prime time! Can not wait to see them in action this fall!

• Like Like x 2
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

One of the things I noticed about Sedona during the McDs' game was her ability to set the high screen, release and roll towards the basket. She got several layups as a result, making some difficult catches in the process. This play was not as successful in the Brand Jordan game as the guards either did not get her the ball when she rolled or the passes were not very good. I do not recall seeing Charlie and the guards run this play for Charlie much if any.

Texas did this play later in the year and were somewhat successful, primarily with Audrey-Ann and Jatarie. With Sedona and Charlie in the mix, this has to be a point of emphasis in the offensive progression. There aren't going to be many posts/guards that can recover quickly enough to disrupt the play. Texas already sets a lot of high screens with the posts. Not a lot of those though result in the post diving towards the basket for a pass.

• Like Like x 1