2018 NCAA Regionals

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, May 29, 2018.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

2. fkubacak

fkubacak 100+ Posts

Any idea when we can pick up our ordered tickets and where?

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. FourHorner

FourHorner 100+ Posts

Wow! Miss. St. - Blow U. went 20-10!

7. FourHorner

FourHorner 100+ Posts

Blow U. won.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hoping that 20 is far more runs than the points they score on October 14

• Like Like x 2
  9. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Florida State and NC State get upset as one seeds on day one. Big XII is 3-1 with Texas playing late.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Clemson not doing so hot either.

11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns roll over Texas Southern 10-0.

Chase Shugart with six strong but less than 70 pitches so he will be available Monday if necessary. Petrinsky with 3 run shot in the third broke game open.

Texas takes on aggy Saturday night at 6:00 p.m. at the Disch. TV network to be decided.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas and Tx Southern still playing but TSU one out away from losing and down 10-0 at the tip of the ninth.

Saturday, June 2

Game 3: No. 2 Indiana vs. Tx Southern, 1:30 p.m.
    Game 4: No. 3 Texas A&M vs. Texas, 6 p.m.

13. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

14. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Wayne Graham was in stands last night at Disch and repping Texas colors.

• Like Like x 4
  15. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Florida St. does their annual regional elimination from the tournament.

Ole Miss down 1-0 in the top of the 2nd. If they lose and we win our regional, would we host the Super?

16. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Second day in a row the Big XII goes 4-1, Horns, Sooners and Red Raiders are in regional championship games while Baylor and Okie State must play out of losers brackets.

17. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Big XII goes 1-1 in elimination game action this afternoon and has four teams (80%) in regional finals with 3 coming in as undefeated team having two shots to advance.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And the one that's eliminated? Baylor. So who cares?

19. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Big XII ends day 3-3 with two teams headed to Supers and OU with a second championship game against Mississippi State tomorrow.

20. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

5 regional finals today featuring 5 SEC teams, 4 of whom have two shots to advance. I hate to admit it but the SEC deserved to have 10 teams in tourny and is proving it is the most dominant league by a lot. The Big XII is clear second in terms of conference strength with its season to date and its showing this weekend but the depth of the SEC strength is what is pretty impressive. There is very real chance SEC will have five teams in Omaha and an entire bracket that is all SEC teams at Omaha.

That said I really find some schadenfreude in the fact that aggy was first SEC team to be eliminated and only SEC team not to make regional final and only SEC team to have losing record in the tournament. They can hang that SEC participation banner up and once again live vicariously through their conference rather than their own accomplishments.

21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Just like they did in the Big XII.
    Poor aggy.

22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They did as expected with only Vandy in Tallahassee having to fight it out against 3 real teams. Ole Miss looked very beatable against Tenn Tech yesterday (and would have been beaten if the game would have been played anywhere except Oxford). Horns just need to keep their eye on the prize and they should advance to the CWS.

23. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

aggy almost didn't make it to regionals and only got in with a few sec tourney wins. Don't know what they are complaining about. There's no dominant teams this year and although the sec is deep, no great teams. aggy can watch and claim sec membership from the couch.

24. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Vandy was at Clemson, Auburn went to Raleigh and it’s Mississippi State in Tallahassee and they are ones that have winner take all game with OU. SEC was seeded to have 5 teams in super regionals so Viper you are right they were always going to have a bunch, but what they have done is impressive. I also agree there isn’t one dominant team though Florida and Arkansas look stout.

If ole Miss wins, the Horns have a great shot at advancing so long as the starting pitching for the Horns stays on level of this past weekend. The ole Miss staff gives up a lot of runs so if the Texas staff performs way they are capable then Texas could pull upset.

25. FourHorner

FourHorner 100+ Posts

I agree that the SEC has been dominant overall, but I'll take Texas against Mississippi, and Georgia might have a hard time winning in Lubbock.

26. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Georgia is hosting Tech in Athens if Georgia advances

27. FourHorner

FourHorner 100+ Posts

Oops, my bad. I'll change my pick then.

28. horn_fan_cpa

horn_fan_cpa 100+ Posts

TN Tech taking it to Ole Miss right now 10-0 in the 6th.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Duke beating Ga too. I think both have to play another game today as their regionals had rain delays.

30. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Considering they're all state schools in states where baseball is played year-round and college baseball is traditionally cared about, the SEC SHOULD be the best league. It would be surprising if it weren't - the ACC is really the only league that compares in that regard. The Big XII is close, but it has fewer teams that are from baseball-friendly climes.

Team-to-team, I'm not concerned with the matchup, but no question that in terms of overall depth, the SEC has the most strong teams.