2018 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Burton says its either Georgia or Baylor for Tommy Bush, depending upon whether Georgia has a scholarship for him.

2. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Would love for LKIII to join but im thinking maybe Brockermeyer. Stinks if Bush leaves the state for Georgia.Would prefer him at Baylor if hes not a Horn.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Boom

Herman is getting 3-star walkons

• Like Like x 8
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

EJ doesnt have the same access he used to

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  6. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

:hookem: Mr Brockermeyer. Herman is assembling a nice list of PWO's

• Like Like x 1
  7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Welcome to the Forty Mr. Ojomo and Mr. Brockermeyer! Excellent choice by you both. What a legacy to have on campus with our other 2nd generation Longhorns.
    Now if we could get some Studdards and Seidliens, that would be totally awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Just for fun I watched some Ojomo highlights and some Keondre Coburn highlights. Their potential is to perform like the interior line play we've watched when Clemson plays Alabama in January. Big, mobile guys eating up blocks, sometime to make a play, sometimes giving a defense time to rally and snuff out a play. I know Coburn is the one that the 9.95rs have annointed as the best interior line guy in Texas. When the NFL comes calling in 3-4 years,I'm projecting Ojomo is the first day pick.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

You ever see someone and think, damn, I wish I was that guy. I'm looking at the picture of Mr and Mrs Brockermeyer and thinking, what it must be like to be that dude. Granted, being me isn't a bad thing, but I ain't no Blake.

11. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Regarding Ann, RC didn't offer.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Perroni (aggy) on Vernon Jackson --

- Though Vernon Jackson has long been committed to Alabama, it seems unlikely the jumbo ATH will sign there. That leaves a trio of in-state schools in (aggy), TCU and Texas. Jackson is not having a ceremony and will simply sign with the school of his choice. (aggy) feels quite confident following his official visit this past weekend. Word came during the trip that it was going incredibly well and every source we’ve talked to thinks the (aggy) knocked it out of the park. I thought it was going to be (aggy) headed into the weekend and I still think that. Texas feels good about it chances and TCU is a darkhorse not to be ignored, especially with the Frogs being his first offer, but I think it will be (aggy).

13. rick mueller

But Ron Meyer gave her a black Trans Am.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Luke has 2 younger brothers Tommy and James who are the same age as my son. When they were 9 we played against their Little League team in AllStars. Blake was an assistant coach and Kristy was a team mom. When we stepped on the field to play them I probably felt like the Horns did in the '91 Cotton Bowl. I knew the game was over before the first pitch. Each player from Brock's team (Westside Lions) came out with 2 sizes of the $400 Easton bats at the time. Their uniforms were of a higher quality than most MLB teams (must have been over $100 per player). In the middle of the first inning when I realized the batter's number didn't match the actual batter and I had the ump stop play, their coach explained that they had 3 sets of these uniforms and not all the players had the same number on all 3 sets and he had written down the numbers from their home uniforms. 3 sets of these $100+ uniforms?? The real kicker was about half way through the game. As the home team, I had to supply the game balls. After their team had hit their 9th towering home run into the Trinity River behind the outfield fence, I realized that the dozen game balls I had the game bag may not be enough for the entire game and I had to send my assistant coach to my truck to grab a box of another dozen. To your point, I do remember my assistants asking why we didn't have a team mom like "her"!

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  15. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

16. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

YUGE!

Maybe it was all the Ann Richards talk?

Ann Richards

17. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

You know, earlier in the post I was dismissive of Ann Richards athletic talent ... and remember her strong allegiance to Baylor. Then I had a happy thought. Ann had amazing talent as a ball buster ... if she had been there to "assist" Art when the rape issues were coming up ... things may well have been nipped in the bud.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Vernon Jackson did decommit from Alabama. He has no formal time set to announce. The consensus seems to be aggy for him, but we are pushing it til the end (EJ Holland says he has not yet told us "no").
    Same with Keys (leans ND) and Bush (leans Georgia,Baylor).
    Adds some drama to the day. You might recall it looked like we had lost Grandy until the very last moment.

William Chrisman DE Daniel Carson — 7:15 am
    Katy DT Moro Ojomo — 7:30 a.m
    Westfield DT Keondre Coburn — 8:00 am
    Carthage RB Keontay Ingram — 8:30 am
    Conroe Oak Ridge DE Joseph Ossai — 9 am commitment/11 am signing (aggy, Texas, Oregon)
    New Orleans Sophie B. Wright LB Andrew Parker— 9 am (Ark commit, Texas)
    Centennial QB Tanner McKee — 10 am (Alabama, Stanford, Texas, aggy, Wash)
    New Orleans McDonogh 35 WR Lawrence Keys III — 10 am (Notre Dame, SMU, Texas)
    Schertz Clemens WR Tommy Bush — 10:30 am ESPN2 (Baylor, Georgia, MSU, Ole Miss, Texas)
    Yoakum WR Joshua Moore — 12:30 pm
    Cy Woods OT Christian Jones — 1:30 pm
    Dunham ATH Mike Williams — 2:40 pm

unknown time -- Boling ATH Vernon Jackson — (Alabama commit, aggy, Texas)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

In.

As long as Coburn and Ingram sign as expected, anything else that happens today is a cherry on a big ole piece of recruiting pie.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rick mueller

Do we know when Ingram will sign?

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I like lots of cherries.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A little more drama
    Sometimes this kind of stuff is real, sometimes its paysite-created drama.

The rumblings about Louisiana inside linebacker Andrew Parker maybe not picking Texas tomorrow definitely have some weight. I’ve been told ‘it’s a process’ with Texas trying to win him over before his 9 a.m. decision. Parker did intend to flip from Arkansas to Texas on Monday but delayed and is now ‘torn,’ according to a source. Parker is still considering Arkansas, Texas and Ole Miss, which entered the picture on Tuesday.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Daniel Carson is officially a Longhorn.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have contractors in the house this am
    And we have a little issue
    So, someone will need to be the reporter today

• Like Like x 1
  26. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I can't hold a candle to your skills, but I started a NSD II thread for us to post when an official signing drops. :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Mike Williams DL is in per Horns247

• Like Like x 1
  28. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Coburn is in for the Horns per Texas Sports

• Like Like x 5
  29. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Jeah!!!

• Like Like x 2
  30. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

You know ... in early January, getting Coburn, Carson and Williams seemed like a dream scenario to finish off the defensive line class. Fortunately, Tom Herman dreams big.

• Like Like x 1