2018 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Feb 2, 2017.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

That is a well used hill

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Malik on same hill

• Like Like x 2
  3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I remember doing hill plyometrics before my senior year in high school, this was back in 1986. I also remember throwing up after my first workout. My coach used to tell us to drink a can of grape sodie-pop before the workout, cause it tastes just as good coming up as it did going down.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That was my theory about schnapps for about a year. If you drink so much you throw up, at least your breath still smells good

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Still desperately pining for this guy

• Like Like x 1
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

"War Eagle" is pretty cool. Just sayin

"Boomer Sooner" from cheating on a land grab is not cool. Also just sayin

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Have you been to Auburn? It's Clemson without the lake. When Travel Advisor's top ten restaurants include Burger King in top five, you have arrived at the end of the road.

• Like Like x 4
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, I was talking about the mottos.

9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

War Eagle is one of the coolest motto's. And I have spent time at Clemson and on Lake Keowee. That lake is awesome. My in laws are Clemson alumns. Anyway, Calvin should come to Austin over Auburn, Norman, or freakin Ann Arbor. Good grief. Seems like an easy decision.

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 3
  11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  12. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Outside of Calvin Anderson this recruiting class is done. Now looking back at who we got, who do you think will be our biggest get after we to reflect back on this class and see who brought it for 3 or 4 years?

This is really hard when you get a class this good. So no matter who you pick it won't seem like we are going very far out on a limb. With that said, I'm going with Caden Sterns. I got to watch him in the Alamo Dome against Austin West Lake. He was the most talented guy on the field hands down. Despite them being a big underdog against Westlake, as Cibolo Steele were warming up and the drill ended at the 40 yard line, Sterns kept going to Midfield flexing shaking his head up and down toward Westlake. They were warming up or the opposite end and that told me this guy isn't backing down to no one. I didn't take it as being cocky, but more of confidence. He went out and backed it up on the field during the game. Everyone knows he's very athletic and talented, it's his confidence that seem to bleed off to his teammates. They played Westlake heard till the end. He will be a leader on our defense with no doubt.

13. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

As you noted, this is a tough question...
    I agree with you on Sterns. I'd add Ingram, too, if I knew how the Oline would work out. ...Which leads me to my next choice of Calvin Anderson, if he comes.
    And there are many other good bets from the defensive side... I'll throw Ojomo in there.
    ...And let's not forget the punter!
    :coolnana:

14. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I think we are still in on the offensive linemen from Ohio State that is also a grad transfer.

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bill,

There has been no media attention or information about that kid for almost a month. Last I heard, he wasn't drawing a lot of interest. I know he was 4 stars coming out of Bosco in NJ, he is a giant - 6'7", and he has two years let. I think losing two years to injury (foot I believe) is scaring schools away. If he can heal and move, I think he has the tools to be an asset in the OL.

16. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

True, but who can wait to see if he heals well enough and can move......worth the risk?? Probably! When was he injured? Surgery?

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't count this a truth because I'm too lazy to look it up. I believe he was redshirted, then injured each of the next two years.

18. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

:hookem: Picked up the #2 long snapper according to 247 composite rankings.

• Like Like x 4
  19. RainH2burntO

Hopefully will make a good pairing with our Dickson Part Deux.

20. AYMan

AYMan 25+ Posts

Here’s to hoping that Calvin Anderson was a guest at the basketball game in Norman on Sat...

• Like Like x 3
  21. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Do we have an update on when Anderson will be announcing. I saw late March but I thought I saw somewhere that he may be announcing this week??

Anderson is probably the recruit most likely to impact the 2018 football season. Let's hope he wants to reunite with his Westlake brethren.

• Like Like x 6
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You never know. When I went to college I chose Trinity (hence my nickname of bystander but I should have called my self, "T-shirt fan" just to piss aggy off) over UT or A&M (yes it was a consideration) because I wanted to go somewhere brand new; where I didn't know anyone.

25. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Man I would hate to see Keondre coming at me. I would piss all over myself here you can have this ball. He arrives with meanness and destroys the ball carrier. And he looks fast. I think he was labeled a 4 star but me thinks a 5 star. He's going to dominate. If you thought Poona was pretty good (and he was) this kid is going to be better unless he takes plays off. But I don't think so because it looks like he enjoys hustling. Just saying. Is it September yet?

26. RainH2burntO

I've looked high and low for any clues on Calvin Anderson and here is all I can come up with:
    1. His most recent retweet was of Coach Hand's tweet of a meal with Texas's offensive linemen from yesterday evening
    2. Twitter uses a complex algorithm to suggest who else you should follow when viewing someone else or following them: This algorithm combines elements related to who you typically follow or view, who they typically follow or are followed by or view and other related activity. Mr. Anderson's account shows almost solely people who wear burnt orange now. This algorithm is affected by my activity also, not just his, but I still like what it says.
    3. EJ Holland has an updated vip247 on the subject, but I do not subscribe.

JoeFan, anyone?

Anybody hearing anything?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I hope

Holland --
    Anderson enjoyed his official visit to ou over the weekend, and the Sooners are a threat. We are hearing they are right up there with Michigan and Texas. However, we still feel good about UT’s chances of reeling him in. Anderson does not have a set decision date, but it will come at some point in the next four weeks. For now, Anderson is carefully weighing his options and going over them with his family.

• Like Like x 2
  29. RainH2burntO

Well, 247 vibe seems to lean us, and Michigan insiders are looking at our boards for info lol. Seems to be OU or UT. I think playing in his backyard and chance to be a hero for us at a needed position/time trumps Bedanbaugh and recent OU success in the end. We'll see...

30. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

All things being equal, I'd pick UT or Michigan. The only two factors for me would be the weather and playing time. Both of those bode well for the good guys.

OU does have a good football program and some good graduate programs, but, if I were a grad transfer, I'd rank order...
    1 Texas
    2 Michigan
    3 ousux