2018 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe it worked out for the best. I feel like we were due a break at LT

2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I wasn't picking on you. I remember thinking we needed to sign him. Dandy Don's son who runs the site now even alluded to what is probably true; we all over-rate some of these guy just because that's how it works. We see a name attached to a position of need and we think, "We have to get that guy." I know I do anyway.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He was definitely the consensus top JUCO OT out there, with no close second. And our desperation at the position probably made him look even better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Cal grad transfer RB Tre Watson said he was blown away on his visit. He said he'd never seen anything like the spring game (Cal crowds can be small) and says he connected with Coach Drayton.
    He also said he thinks he can help recruit in WR Garrett Wilson and says he plans to stay in touch.

He has one more OV then will decide.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

back to 2018

Ohio State QB Joe Burrow has announced that he will be a grad transfer. Herman recruited him to tOSU out of high school.

• Like Like x 1
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

No room at the inn

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

8. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I can't believe one of you brought up K'Lavon Chaisson.
    ...That one still hurts.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If the season ends up like that is forecasting Herman's seat will be blazing.

10. RainH2burntO

Only one way it can happen and that's if the QBs don't improve (with olines help and some better play calling and coaching em up and execution and playmaking and......)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A one-time Texas commit

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dodged another one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I repeat, "Is he the son of or related to Kerry Watkins, former UF & NFL DB from Tallahassee, and a commit to David, until one of David's overwhelmingly stupid assistants handed him over to UF coaches at the airport"?

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

What a POS. Glad he’s someone else’s problem.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  16. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

He wasn't Big 12 ready anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Two Alabama graduate transfer OL could emerge as options for Texas" With two scholarships remaining, the Horns may look to add depth on the offensive line’s interior.

"Offensive guard Dallas Warmack will have two years of eligibility remaining after redshirting last season and opting to continue his career elsewhere. Out of high school, the 6’2, 314-pounder was ranked as the No. 10 offensive guard nationally, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, and appeared in seven games as a true freshman and nine games as a sophomore.
    Another possible option is Brandon Kennedy, who also has two years of eligibility remaining. The 6’2, 308-pounder is appealing because he has some experience at center after sitting out most of last season and earning a medical redshirt due to a leg injury. In 2016, he appeared in 10 games as a back up.

Since head coach Nick Saban is blocking Kennedy from transferring to any SEC schools or future out-of-conference opponents, his options are a little bit more limited. However, Kennedy doesn’t currently have any followers related to the Texas program, but that could change in the coming days....."

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...don-kennedy-graduate-transfer-texas-longhorns

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

It's funny how things have changed with technology over the years. If this quote was written 7-8 years ago it would have come across as creepy.

It's also interesting how part of the way they rate our chances of landing recruits is by how many university affiliated followers the recruit has.

21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The only thing that matters to Saban and other one-trick pony human beings is winning; the education and future of the players mean NOTHING as soon as they are no longer of any use to these sociopaths...

• Like Like x 2
  22. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I am on Saban's side with this.

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's the Gil Brandt/Tex Schram model condensed for college. When the Cowboys were the Cowboys and Mr Murchison owned them, Brandt & Schram revolutionized football. One of their policies were if you were not contributing in a major way after year four, you were gone. Saban has established a similar policy with shorter time constraints.

Kind of reminds me of a conversation I had with Gil Steinke - "Son I'll pay for the first two years, then if you're worth a ****, I'll pay for two more"

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I have zero respect for the policy of denying freedom of choice. This form of celebrated ruthlessness is a cancer in our society in my opinion. The wrong people are being admired and the wrong actions are being accepted and for what? Victory at all costs while he rakes in millions of dollars?

• Like Like x 3
  25. RainH2burntO

I have no problem with Saban or any other coach doing this as it is smart and within the rules...However, I cannot think of any logical or defensible reason it should be permissible within the rules.
    I don't want you but he/she can't have you!?
    Either you want someone or shouldn't care where they go or who they're with.
    You give up "ownership" rights at the point you give them up.
    The only thing I can think of that could justify this is to protect against the sharing of inside information/secrets.
    Again, though, better think of that before you let someone go.
    Man I sure hope we don't play Trinity Valley CC anytime soon!

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That's the main thing, I do believe. Knowledge of the playbook.

• Like Like x 1
  27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Saban is still saying "yes" to 90ish% of the D1 schools. He's fine.

28. RainH2burntO

Saban apparently isn't that smart. If he were, why wouldn't he want to send guys to the Aggies?

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hand and Kennedy have started following each other on twitter
    Apparently Bama is attempting to block a Kennedy transfer to Tennessee and Auburn

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 31, 2018