2018 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

If Karen starts doing that kind of thing, she needs to wait until it’s a 5-star player’s parent - Southlake Carroll FB style. (jk)

2. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

She’s already done this with Coach George. Without him we don’t get Lashann and other players that played for Texas or that are currently on the team.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  3. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

5. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Guessing, but wanna say 5’8” / 5’9”

• Like Like x 1
  6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  7. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Yes! Welcome Shae!! Oh man what a class!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

:hookem2::hookem3:
    Screenshot (117).png

• Like Like x 5
  9. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

I hope Shae Routt isn't a selection based on "athleticism" and defense. We need shooters and scorers with offensive skill sets. Her ESPN rating is a 90---not very high. Haven't seen any other rating reports on her. I don't want to prejudge this player but would like some reassurance.

10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Charli in SI Kids with some quotes from Coach George Washington. He says she reminds him of Tina Charles. I’ve usually thought of Candace Parker but Tina Charles will definitely do. ;)

• Like Like x 6
  11. LutherIsMyDog

The countdown begins for the Freshmen to arrive on campus.

• Like Like x 8
  12. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 6
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  15. LutherIsMyDog

Audrey Warren makes the Ft Worth Star Telegram's All Star Team. 2020 recruit, Harmoni Turner, made the 2nd team list.

Audrey Warren, Sr., Saginaw Boswell: District 6-5A MVP averaged 21 points, 5.0 assists and 5.0 steals per game.

Harmoni Turner, Soph., Mansfield Legacy: District 10-5A Offensive MVP averaged 22.8 points, 8.8 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article210632349.html

• Like Like x 6
  16. LutherIsMyDog

Chari makes an appearance in the video at the .13 second mark and the 1:04 mark. The VYPE Houston awards are for greater Houston high school athletes. Charli won the female basketball player of the year award.

• Like Like x 2
  17. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Remind me why Collier is not on U18 tryouts. Too old?

18. LutherIsMyDog

I've wondered the same thing. Age is the only reason I can come up with as to why she's not participating.

19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Didn’t she flip from UCONN to UT on her 18th birthday?

• Like Like x 1
  20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Re the age limit for the U18 team:
    I believe Charlie was born in 1999.

21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

You are correct, sir. Found it on ESPN from September 22, 2017:
    “Ten months later, on her 18th birthday, her desire to play close to her Houston-area home officially won out.”

• Like Like x 2
  22. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 6
  23. LutherIsMyDog

Deja's mom wishing Sedona a happy bday. Sedona is going to be fun to have around.

• Like Like x 5
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Vype Houston interview with Charli:

Barbers Hill PF Charli Collier has had a phenomenal high school career. She’s been a four time selection for the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches and Texas Girls Coaches Association’s Class 5A all-state teams. She was honored as a McDonalds All-American and Texas Gatorade Player of the Year. In early May, she was honored as VYPE’s Women’s Basketball Player of the Year.

However, nothing matters more to her as she reflects on her career than the impact she’s left on her community.

“It’s amazing, I like inspiring the youth. Being a role model, as a player, not just as a player but as the person I am, I like to inspire others. It means a lot to me that those kids, one day they’re going to have my jersey on my back and want my autograph, so I just try to be the best example that I can be and put on for Barbers Hill and my city.”

Collier was committed to UConn, the perennial superpower, until her 18th birthday, when she flipped to Texas. Education was a big factor, as Texas is continually ranked top in the nation for Journalism, which Collier will be majoring in.

“I mainly wanted to stay closer to home and close to my family. It’s for the kids to come and watch me play. [The University of] Texas is not as far away, it’s just three hours away. Not only that, the education is great and I get a chance to hopefully get some significant minutes my freshman year.”

As she finishes off her senior year and heads off to play for the Longhorns next season, Barbers Hill, and Houston, will be watching.

• Like Like x 6
  25. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 7
  26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

looks like Audrey will be playing against two of her teammates in the late game. Also interesting that TABC lists Audrey at 5-11. Opens up some possibilities as to where she might play.
    https://tabchoops.org/awards/all-star/

• Like Like x 2
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  28. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Thanks, DFW. It's nice seeing these two standing side-by-side. That 2-inch height difference is apparent, but not significant. Will be fun to watch how all their other physical attributes and skills unfold.

There certainly will be situations when they need to be on the court together.

• Like Like x 3
  29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Actually when I saw that picture I thought, "Oh, looks like two gals hanging out. But if you stick a non-player next to them the height perspective would change"

Put KA there and you'd say, "Whoa", which I what I say in all the pics of Sedona and Karen together.

• Like Like x 3
  30. LutherIsMyDog

I noticed that Sedona has on flats and Charli is wearing heels (although not too extreme). So the height difference is a little more than what is shown the photo.

• Like Like x 3